Love

Ann
I had set the table and the food along with it. The small candles were lit, soft music playing, and myself ready for a nice dinner with Negan. It's only dinner. I reassured myself. It was nice the last time and I want to make some serious ground with him. This is the best way I knew how with what I had.

After everything was ready, I grabbed my bag and pulled out a simple bottle of wine. I walked over and placed it on the table. "I hope you aren't too tired, Negan." I smiled as I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. "Hmm, looking good." I fluffed my hair and walked out. All that was left is to wait for him.

Negan
I wasn't sure how long I'd been gone. My business with Dwight seemed to go on forever and by the time I had reached my door, I was exhausted. At least I get to come home to Ann. I thought to myself and opened the door. I saw Ann. She was sitting at the table and had set up a beautiful dinner. The smell filled the room and it all looked so perfect. She looked perfect.

"Ann." I smiled and she walked over, leaning up to kiss me softly. "I'm glad you're back, the food started to get cold." She grabbed my hand, pulling me over to the table.

"What's this for?" I motioned to the set up and noticed the bowls of chili. "You are overworked. Being a terrible, cruel dictator is a tiring job." Ann smirked and I rolled my eyes, sitting down.

"I'll have you know that bat is also very heavy to carry around all the time." She smiled and sat opposite of me. "Than downsize." She chuckled and I laughed back.

"Chili." I looked down at the food and grinned. "I thought, why not have a throwback meal." I laughed and couldn't believe she remembered.

"I thought I was the only who remembered." I took a spoonful of chili and brought it to my mouth. "How could I forget the last meal we had together before all this." She smiled and I returned the gesture. "Only this time, it will be better cause now I can drink." She grabbed the wine bottle and poured herself a glass as I raised my own and she filled it.

"So, your day?" Ann raised an eyebrow but I only shrugged. "I'd rather not talk about it." I took a sip of the wine and felt the warm sensation fill my empty stomach.

"But," I started, "It's good to come back to a wonderful woman and great food. And yours?" She took a bite and shook her head. "Eh, I'm alive. So it's already a great day."

"Cheers to that." I raised a glass and we clinked our cups. Today may have been hard, but Ann never seizes to make it better.

Ann
"Thank you." Negan whispered and I smiled while I leaned closer into his chest. "For amazing canned chili?" I looked up at him and he smiled. "For everything. I don't know what I'd be doing with out you." He gripped me closer as he rubbed my lower back. "You'd probably be terrorizing more communities. "I joked and looked up to see his reaction.

"Always the smart ass. No wonder I put a ring on it. And...you've always managed to pull me from my hell." I stopped and stared at him. There was such sorrow and love in his dark eyes. Negan was no saint, but he didn't kill Jerry. He hasn't done a lot of things he could have. The things I know the man I met that night would have done with a smile.

I cupped his cheek in one hand before leaning up to place a tender kiss to his wine laced lips. "You have a good heart, Negan. You just need to find it again." I smiled weakly and he kissed me back. His rough hands turned soft when they began to reach for the hem of my top.