Friends

Ann
"Does that sting?" Crystal looked at me and gently pressed the cold cloth to my cheek. "Alil, but I've had worse." I chuckled. She returned the expression, letting go of the cloth. I replaced my hand with hers to the rag, holding it in place.

"I haven't seen you much around here. Have you been hiding from everyone?" Crystal sat back in her seat and I threw the cold cloth to the table, taking a deep sigh. "If I did, do you blame me?" I smirked and she shook her head. "Not really, some of these people can be beastly."

"Oh, you don't need to tell me." I thought back to the dickheads Negan has running this place. "But um, I just didn't really have a chance until now." She nodded her head and before anything else was said, the door burst open and Negan stomped in with a blank, almost angry expression.

"What are you doing in here?" Negan demanded Crystal. His voice was calm, but I could hear the rage behind it. She quickly got up from her seat. "She was helping me with something." I stood, and came to Crystals side. Negan looked pissed and I didn't want her getting hurt or yelled at because she was trying to help me. "Get out." He spat. Crystal lowered her head, walking away as Negan stared her down. She shut the door behind her and Negan turned back to me. "What did she say to you?"

Negan walked over to me and I scrunched my face by his confusing question. "That you store dead bodies in your closet." I sarcastically joked but it seemed to make Negan even more enraged. "She just got me some ice, is all."

"Ice?" Negan's eyes slowly moved from mine to the now bruised mark on my cheek. "What the fuck happened?" His voice went soft and his eyes changed from anger to concern in a matter of second when he cupped my sensitive cheek. "It was nothing." I lied. To be honest, that man deserves a good beating. But I couldn't trust Negan not to out right kill him all because of a fight we got in.

"Something did happen. Don't lie to me, Ann." I huffed, sitting back down.

"I was walking around the compound and when I was going back to the room, I heard a fight breaking out in the main hall." He knelt down in front of me and grabbed the ice filled cloth, pressing it back to my face. "Well, it wasn't really a fight, so much as one of your men were going to beat someone for taking a can of food."

He stood and I could see he was already getting mad again. "And you got in the middle?" He filled in the blanks and I confirmed his suspicions with a nod. "Negan, they were going to beat him in front of his family."

I rose, hoping he'd know that was wrong. "Listen," he gently grabbed me by the shoulders. "I don't care why it happened. I don't want you getting hurt." He let go of me and turned around, walking to the door. "Who was the person who did that?" Negan turned his head to me when he reached the door.

"Why? Are you going to hurt him?" I crossed my arms over my chest and let out a frustrated sigh. "Don't worry about what I'm going to do." He went to grab his bat but I ran over, grabbing it by the handle, my hand now over his.

"He shouldn't of done that. But if anything, they were just following the rules that you already set." He ignored me and went to grab the bat, but I put a hand to his chest. "He doesn't deserve the bat, Negan. Not for this." I looked at him and hoped maybe he would listen. "I still need it though." I huffed out, raising the wood and handing him the damn thing. "At least it does complete the outfit." I joked and Negan smiled as he placed a dry kiss to my forehead and slipped out of the room. "I'm too nice." I said to myself as I walked over to the bed and laid down.

Negan
"I'm not going to beat your brains in only because Ann asked me not to. If not, you'd be dead already." I pressed Jerry up against the wall before standing back to punch him again. This time, he fell to the ground.

"I didn't know." He cowered to the corner. I kicked him in the stomach. "I." One kick, "don't." Two kicks, "care."

I knelt down and grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt and made him look at me. "I ever hear or see you near her again, the least of your problems will be the bat. Do you hear me?" I looked at him and he nodded his head. "Get up." He quickly pulled himself up and limped away as I shook my head and began walking back to the room.

I wanted nothing more than to bash his brains in. But the thought of Ann crossed my mind and I knew he wasn't worth it. He wasn't worth upsetting her. Look at you, you're turning into a pussy. I made my way down the hall and passed some of the storage rooms deep in thought. This was the second time Ann had prevented me from hurting someone and I was afraid just how much she was influencing me.

"Hi." A voice came from one of the doors and pulled me in. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, Crystal?" I looked down at her and she began wrapping her arms around me, kissing my neck.

"I missed you. We've hardly spent any time together lately, what changed?" She started to go lower but I grabbed her hands, pushing her back. "No." I went to open the door. "I'm your wife too." Her voice cracked and I turned around. "You aren't my wife. None of that was real."

"And this one is so different?" She went to touch me again and this time, I pushed her against the wall. I was angry and tried making my message clear. "She's my real wife, I don't want you talking to her again." I let go of her and walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me. How much more bullshit do I have to deal with today? I did my best to hold in my anger.

What do you guys think? Don't forget to vote and comment as always thanks for reading and have a lovely day :)