Beyond

Ann
I took off the scarf to see we were at an old shopping plaza. I had been here more than once with Glenn and Maggie to scavenge, but it was always risky with the Walkers who seemed to constantly circle this place. "I'll try to be quick." I closed the door behind me after jumping out.
I stopped and turned to the sound of two oncoming Walkers. "One for you, one for me?" I turned back to Negan and he nodded. He strolled over, whistling as he swung the bat and took the face clean off. "Bam! easy as pie." He chuckled and I wondered how he could ever smile at such an action.

I took a step towards the hungry thing to look at it for a moment. This was once a person. The thought alone filled my stomach with pity. "I'm sorry about this." I looked at the creature and quickly did a spin around it, kicking its back leg in. The Walker fell to the ground, arms raised towards me. I stepped over its body and my heavy shoe found the softness of its skull.

"You do get creative with those moves, baby." Negan chuckled. I tried to ignore the comment while I grabbed its lifeless arms, dragging the body to pile over the first. "I have to. Especially when I'm not allowed to have any weapons." I causally reminded him. He then lifted up his shirt to reveal my hunters knife that was confiscated from me on the night we got ambushed.

"Knew you'd want it back at some point. Just had to make sure you weren't going to use it on me or my people." He gripped the leather handle and swung it around before extending it towards me. I nodded a thank you and placed the weapon into my back pocket.

Walking towards the door, I pressed my back to the glass and whistled, keeping my hand raised to Negan as he leaned on the opposite side. "What are you doing with that navy seal shit?" He looked at me amused and I waved him off. After some time, three Walkers came limping out. "Don't worry sweetheart, daddy's got this." I fought the urge to roll my eyes as I watched Negan kick back one walker, falling backwards into the brick wall as the other lost half its head somewhere on the pavement. The 3rd was down before I had a chance to blink. "See? Service." Negan smiled at me as he waltzed through the store.

"Ok, I'm going to look around for a bit and you, I don't know, do whatever." He raised an eyebrow and leaned back with a cocky grin. I huffed, having to explain. "You take too much joy in this. I don't need you getting hurt from your dicking around." He started to chuckle but I ignored it, grabbing any kind of bag for supplies. "What's life without a little fun?" He did always look on the bright side. Dusting off a large tote bag I slung it over my shoulder, hoping to make this quick work. "I suppose we have different ideas of fun. I can't imagine the fun you've had since this whole thing started."

I looked at him as I stood from my spot. Coming closer, he towered over me. "I've had some good times keeping my men in line. But baby, I am just getting started." He stared at me for a moment, licking his lips before walking away. "Stay close." He ordered before disappearing behind one of the large shelfs. 'Stay close.' I mocked his tone as I turned and started filling my bag.

There were plenty of clothes still on the racks and I was surprised people hadn't nabbed them already. "These look comfy." I picked out a pair of soft jogging pants with some simple t shirts that wouldn't leave my cleavage to pop out with one wrong move.

"I like this." Negan suddenly came from behind and I pushed at his chest. "Don't sneak up on people like that." He smiled and i trailed my eyes from his grinning face to the article of clothing in his hand. "Are you getting it for Dwight?" I motioned to the matching set of baby blue lace lingerie in hand.

"Well, aren't you a smart ass." He threw the piece in my bag and I tossed it out. "I won't be needing these." I kicked them to the floor and turned back to the rack of clothes. He sighed behind me and I shook my head. I walked past him and went over to find some personal products if there had been any left.

"We have that back home, you know." Negan said as he leaned against the shelf while I picked out some trampled bottles of half filled shampoo and a travel sized tube of toothpaste. "You do. I'm afraid I'm lacking." I didn't bother to look up and shoved multiple items in the tote.

"How long you gonna be?" Negan followed me around. I shrugged my shoulders. "You were out of liquor right? Well, the shop is two stores down." He chuckled and stopped me. "Wherever you go, I go. We aren't separating."

"Fine, then you'll just wait till I'm finished." I looked up at Negan and he smiled. "I love it." He scrunched his nose up by my comment.
As i was about to leave, I noticed something and it made me stop in my tracks. "Ann?" Negan questioned behind me.

It was a rack full of baby clothes and I thought of Maggie. I touched the fabric and began grabbing onesie after onesie for either a boy or girl. "Having a baby?" Negan walked over and I smiled for just a moment thinking of my...our son. "Any pregnant ladies at your place?" I diverted the question and glanced over at him. He looked up as if to remember. "Probably. Condoms expire."

"Then we need them." I swung the bag over my shoulder again and grabbed Negan's hand. I could tell by the look on his face he was surprised I initiated it.

"What are you getting?" I questioned as Negan browsed the shelfs. "Something better than piss water in a can." He picked up a bottle of whiskey and I chuckled, roaming through the aisles of half broken bottles and trampled glass.

"Hello, there." I picked up a nameless bottle of alcohol. I didn't know what it was, but it looked like it would get the job done. "Hey, Negan." I whispered and he poked his head out from the other side. "Care for any of the fun stuff?" I shook the bottle in my hand "Can you handle it like you used to?" He smirked down at me and I gently elbowed him in the stomach. "Better than you." I raised my head in pride. Chucking, Negan and I turned, walking back to the truck. "Shit." I muttered and saw a less than pleasant sight by the truck.