Chapter 30

I was currently sat on the closed toilet lid, sobbing my heart out. I feel the muscles in my chin tremble as if I was a child, my nosiy sobs fill the empty bathroom, I was praying that no one else was in here.

Why can't I stop crying?

Because you're heart broken.

"Skai are you in here?"

I quickly bring both my hands to my mouth, clutching it tight to stop my sobs as Aaron's familiar voice fills the air.

The voice I missed so much.

"Skai, I can see your shoes. Open the door...please" He pleads, walking closer to the cubicle I was in. I still don't move, hoping he'd just walk away.

Like he always does.

"I'll break the door down and you know it"

Squeezing my eyes shut in frustration I quickly wipe away my tears and unlock the door, opening it slowly.

Aaron stood in front off me and I see regret flashing in his eyes.

His beautiful, chocolate eyes.

Skai focus!

"What do you want?" I snap, looking away from his eyes

"Why were you crying?" He asks, his voice just above a whisper

"I wasn't" I deny, a bit too quickly as I start to fiddle with my hair. He stares at my fingers, tangling my hair. "Did you enjoy eating Sapphire's face?" I ask sarcastically

"I don't see why you're so upset about it, we aren't even together. So what if I kissed Sapphire"

Wow, that stung. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"So you're saying that the night you took my virginity meant nothing to you? Or the night you told me your true feelings meant nothing to you? Because you sure as hell move on fast! I really like you Aaron. I thought even though we have our differences we could' work through them but the feelings obviously not mutual" My voice breaks as tears start falling from my eyes.

"Don't put this all on me! You're the one that kissed Asher!" He snaps back

"You see, that's where you're wrong! ASHER kissed me, I DIDN'T kiss him back! You would've known that if you had just let me explain instead of running and avoiding me for 2 days like a coward! You're the one I like Aaron yet you left me when I needed you most!"

Aaron looked at me with guilt evident on his face. It felt good to let all of that out, he deserved to hear it.

He grabs both my hands in each off his, I can feel the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

"I'm so sorry Skai, I didn't mean to hurt you. You're the best person that's ever walked into my miserable life. I just got scared when I saw Asher kiss you, I thought you lost your feelings for me and it hurt so I did what I do best. I ran away from my problems. Instead I should've just stopped and listened to you. I'm so sorry for making you cry, please forgive me"

I looked up to see tears slowly falling from his eyes, seeing him cry split my heart in two. This proved to me that he was genuinely sincere.

Without thinking I stand on my tip toes and engulf my arms around his neck, hugging him tight. The smell off his cologne lingering in the air. Instantly he did the same by wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his head in my neck.

I missed his hugs, they're always so warm and comforting.

"I'm so sorry" He mumbles

"It's okay Aaron" I reply pulling back, wiping away excess tears.

"No, it's not okay. I hurt you so much I don't deserve you"

It was at this moment that I knew.

I'm in love with Aaron Hunter.

I was ready to forgive him despite everything. What I feel towards him is too overwhelming to be just a crush.

It's unexplainable.

I was ready to begin a new chapter in my life, with Aaron. But only if he wanted to.

"Let's start over" I suggest,

Aaron nods before speaking "That's a great idea, can I take you out tonight?" he asks hopeful

"Of course" I smile

"Be ready for 7"

"Okay"

"Okay"

I peck him on the cheek before leaving the bathroom with a smile on my face.

Maybe things will work out between us.

***********

A/N

Hello, lovely readers! How are you all on this fine day? :)

I know this chapter is short but I wanted to get drama with Skai and Aaron out of the way so I can write more cute stuff! I hope you enjoyed it though.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Zara x