T h r e e

"Hello?"

Okay, I admit I didn't expect him to answer the call. Guess I was wrong for thinking that he'd ignore it.

"Taylor?" His confused voice breaking me out of my gaze. I snapped back to reality and cleared my throat. "Are you alright?"

No, I'm not. I wanted to say but I didn't. "I'm alright, Harry."

A silence lingers between us. I opened my mouth to tell him what I'm meaning to say but he cut me into it. "Not to be rude but why are you calling?"

I gulped, I really don't know what to say. "Uh. . .can we meet up? I have something to tell you."

I can imagine his confused face, brows furrowed and lips pursed in a thin line. "Sure. I'm at your town. I'll go to your house in like 1 in the afternoon. Is that alright?'

Oh. So his here in Nashville. And he wants to go to my house so we can talk peacefully without the paps or the fans snapping pictures of us together and causing a huge milestone. "Yes sure. See you tomorrow."

"See you, Tay."

I hanged up the phone and took a deep breath. Okay, talking to him made me nervous cause I never really expected him to answer my call nor even agreed to meet up tomorrow.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day came by quickly, and it's almost 1. Harry would be here in like 10 minutes and my parents and Austin had gone back home leaving me alone with my daughter. Brooklyn is currently watching The Giver in the living room. It was kinda awkward to let brook watch a movie I've starred in even though I just made a cameo but Brooklyn wanted to watch it so I let her be.

I sat beside her as we watched. Brook, snuggling on my side as I wrapped an arm around her. My eyes looking nervously at the clock then at the door. I don't know why I'm being like this. Maybe it's because this will be the day that could change my life, brooks life and his life.

A knock on the door came, startling brook and I. Brook looked at me as if asking silently who's at the door. I, for instance, know who the person is at the other side of the door. I untangled myself from my daughter and kissed her forehead.

I walked closer to the door and let my hand linger at the knob for a moment before I twist it open. Revealing the father of my daughter, standing causally with his short hair slicked back and his usual clothes: white shirt and ripped jeans with a pair of his signature brown boots. His hands tucked on his jean pockets as he looked up. He slowly smiles at me, dimples popping out.

I gripped on the door for dear life as I smiled back at him.

"Hey."

"Hi Harry. Come in."

I pushed the door open to let him in, he gladly walks in. Looking around as he shrugs off his coat.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked, fumbling with my fingers as I bit my lip. He shakes his head, still smiling.

"So. . .what do you want to tell me?" He asks, following me to the kitchen, passed the living room. You can hear the television from where we are. I hope Brooklyn wouldn't walk in right now and asked who he is.

"Oh yea! Uh, can we sit for a moment. This is really important."

He nods, taking a seat on the stool and props his arms onto the counter. Chin resting on the palm of his hand. He stares at me with those green orbs that I fell in love with.

I looked up, biting my lip and taking a deep breath. I look back at him and smiled nervously, "okay, so this will probably change everything and I swear this is something I'm not prepared for but Harry please promise me that you won't get mad and be upset. Just please promise me."

He looks at me, his tongue darting out to lick his lips as he nods. "I promise. Now can you please tell me what's going on? You really look so stressed out."

I didn't know I looked this stressed out but I don't care, this is more important than what I look like now.

My eyes roamed around, not meeting eyes with him as I say, "you have a daughter."

He looks taken aback. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of his hand or the shouting. I waited but nothing came. I slowly opened my eyes to see him staring blankly at me.

"I have a daughter?" He squeaks, eyes wide and mouth agape. I nod, not knowing what to say. I fiddled with my fingers as I looked down. The next thing I knew was I was being lift off from my seat and twirled around. A surprised squeal came out of my mouth as I gripped on Harry for dear life. "I have a daughter!"

"HARRY!"

He chuckles, setting me down on my feet. Little pitter patter of feet came as Brooklyn rushed in. "Mommy, are you okay?! I heard you scream!"

Harry looked at me, his eyes sparked with adoration and love as he stared at our daughter. I've been waiting for this to happen, the father-daughter bond. The one where my daughter and the father of my child will meet or bond over everything. It's just surreal to see them both but then, Brooklyn cast me a confuse look, asking me who the man standing in front of her is.

"Mommy?" I picked her up, Harry following me with his eyes in every move I made. Brooklyn nuzzles her face on the crook of my neck. Probably a little scared with someone unfamiliar in the room. She looks at me, "who is he, mommy?"

A weird feeling spreads throughout my body, a feeling I haven't felt since like forever. It's been a while since I last felt this way. "Honey, remember when you asked me who your daddy is?" She nods, I know deep down she knew what I was talking about but she still asks for confirmation just by looking at me with those blue eyes of hers. I hesitated for a moment, Harry was already smiling when I looked at him. He nodded for me to continue. I took a deep breathe and smiled at my daughter, just seeing the confirmation in Harry's eyes brought a new sense of relief. "Well, Harry here, he is your daddy."

I waited for her reaction and what happened next is unexpected.

______________________

Hey guys! Im so sorry for not updating. There's been a few problems the last few days so I wasn't able to update. I'm really sorry and I hope y'all would like this. It's a little off so I get it y'all don't like this XD hahaha but anyway I hope y'all have a good day/night!

Vote

Comment

~Zoe