T e n

Taylor

I'm grocery shopping with Brooklyn sitting on the baby's seat as she babbles on and on about her day with her dad and her uncles. I was a little worried that the lads would freak out about me and Harry having a child but to my relief they had taken a liking to her and promised not to tell anyone about Harry as Brooklyn's father as well as Darcy but they don't know about her.

"Mommy?"

I looked over at our little girl, "hmm?"

"Is daddy coming over today?"

I pursed my lips and shook my head. She sighs sadly and nods. Harry's been busy lately and he texted me that he won't be visiting for awhile due to personal issues to which I understood and told him to take care of himself and that Brooklyn will miss him.

"How come you and daddy don't live with each other?" She asks once more, catching me off guard. I almost trip on the cart as she said this.

I stared wide eyed at my daughter, "w-what?"

"How come daddy doesn't live with us? Like any father would."

I ignored her question and saw a nearby café. "Aunt Lily says that she and Dixie will come by later. Aren't you excited?"

Her face lights up at the mention of Lily and Dixie as she nods vigorously, completely forgetting about the question. I sighed in relief as she starts talking about how she loves playing with Dixie and her aunts.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"DIXIE, AUNT LILY!" Brooklyn yelled, rushing to the front door once my friend and her daughter had walked in.

"Careful!" I said at Brooklyn who almost slips and hugs Dixie tightly. They both started giggling and Brooklyn grabbed Dixie's hand to the playroom. Lily smiled at me and I smiled back. Going over to hug her.

"Hey, baby doll."

I pulled away from the hug and smiled, "hey Lily."

"How are you?"

"I'm doing alright." When she saw the doubt in my eyes, I sighed. "Okay, maybe I'm not. It's just been a bit complicated since I told Harry about Brooklyn."

Lilly's eyes widen, I forgot that I haven't told any of my friends about the father-daughter thing with Harry and Brooklyn until now. "You told Harry?"

I nodded. "Tell me everything."

After settling down on the couch with a cup of tea, I begin telling her how Brooklyn asked about her dad and how I freaked out and then calling Harry and him answering the call and agreeing to talk in my house to avoid paps. Then I told her how he stayed the night with us until the next day and how he took Brooklyn with him to stay the whole day with him and the lads.

"I'm guessing he still doesn't know about her?"

I nodded, biting my lip. I groaned and lifted my hands to cover my face. "How am I supposed to tell him about her, Lil? I've been planning on telling him about her but he seems distant."

"Give him a few days, it might have been a shock to him about him being the father of your daughters. Give him time, Tay. He'll come around."

I nod. Time, he needs time. We need time. But for how long? I don't want Brooklyn asking me everyday about her dad and whether he would stay for good or not. It's not easy.

"Okay."

Lily smiled sadly at me. "But hey! We're all here for you and Brook, you know that."

I smiled thankfully and hugged her. "Thank you so much."

________________

This is short I know I'm sorry but this is just a filler so yea. Hope y'all like it!! I have so much stored for this book and I just want to tell y'all what's gonna happen in the next few chapters but it'll ruin the surprise haha anyway enjoy!

Vote

Comment

~Zoe