F i f t e e n

"Miss. Swifts family?"

We all stood once we heard her doctor walked in.

"Is Taylor okay?" Andrea asks, clutching onto Scott's arm as she stares at him.

Dr. Melbourne purses his lips and let's out a sigh. "For now, she is. She is stable and the surgery is successful. She is being transferred to another room so you can all see her. Taylor's condition is not that much of a critical condition. Just a broken rib and wrist but she will be fine in the next couple months. Bruises and cuts on her face and arms and legs. She is very lucky but-" he pauses, trapping the tip of his tongue between his teeth.

"But what?" Louis asks.

"She's in a coma for now. We don't know when she will wake up."

We all stood there in silence for a moment when Louis broke it with a growl. "THIS CANT BE FUCKING HAPPENING!" He then turns to me. "You." I backed away from him, "this is all your fucking fault. If it weren't for you she wouldn't be in this fucking situation!" He throws a sudden punch at me, making me stumble on my feet but not enough to make me fall. I wipe my bottom lip on the back of my hand and saw blood. I licked the bitter taste of blood and charged forward. Throwing a punch but he dodged it, making me almost lose my balance. I regained balance and turned to him, punching him square on the face.

"HARRY, LOUIS, STOP IT!"

I didn't know who said that but before I can throw another punch I was being held back. "Harry, mate. Calm down."

"How am I suppose to fucking calm down when he's been accusing me for what happened to Taylor?"

Austin and Scott were holding Louis back as he tries to break free from their grasp.

"It's all your fault!"

Gemma walks over to us as she whispers something to Niall who nods his head. "Come on, Harry."

I frown at him, "I'm not leaving. I can't just leave Taylor alone."

"Harry-"

"Niall please-"

"Let's go, Harry." Niall says through gritted teeth, jaw clenching as he drags me out of the hospital with Gemma trailing behind us.

I turn back to see Austin and Scott talking Louis who was glaring at me. "Harry. Come on."

I gave in and let Niall drag me to god knows where.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Harry, you need to eat."

"When can I see her?"

Gemma sighs, "not now, Harry. You need to eat. It's been a couple days."

"Good to know that you've been keeping track but why the fuck can't I see Taylor?"

"Harry-"

"Gemma-"

Our heads snapped on the direction of the voice.

Niall.

"Yes, Niall?"

"Anne's on the phone. She wants to talk to you."

Gemma nods and leaves me alone with Niall still standing by the door. His arms crosses against his chest as he stares at me. I shift uncomfortably on the bed.

"How is she?" I asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Recovering. She's still weak but she's doing well. No signs of waking up yet."

I nod, pursing my lips in a thin line. He nods back, uncrossing his arms. "I wish I could tell you why Louis is acting that way but I made a promise."

I furrow my brows at him. "What do you mean?"

He shakes his head, letting out a small smile. "It's not really my place to tell but once Louis has calmed down you can go ask him."

"As if he will talk to me after what happened."

"He will, he's just. . .lost. He'll come around. Let's just let him cool down and when he's ready he'll talk to you."

The thought of Louis talking me to again is beyond impossible but I nod anyway. "Okay."

He nods once more before walking out of the room. To think of it, I haven't seen my daughter since Niall and Gemma dragged me away from the hospital. I overheard Gemma talking to Cheryl last night that Brooklyn was missing me and of course her mum. I had sighed and tried to coaxed Gemma into me to talk to my daughter but all she did was shake her head and closed the door.

"Harry?" I looked up and saw Gemma smiling brightly at me. "Brooks here."

My heart leaped out of my chest as I stood up, nodding my head. "You better wash up before you go and spend time with your daughter."

I nod, doing as told.

After showering, I wore a grey sweatshirt and sweatpants and descended down the stairs only to see my daughter talking and giggling with Gemma.

"Daddy!" A wide smile spreads across my face as I opened my arms to engulf my daughter into a warm and tight hug.

"I missed you so much," I mumbled on her blonde locks.

Her grip tightened as she mumbles, "I miss you too, daddy."

I never wanted to let go but she pulled back and stared into my green orbs.

"Daddy can I tell you a secret?"

I smile at her and nodded. "Of course you can Brook."

She leans into me, her lips hovering my ear and a hand cupping her mouth as she whispers,

"Mommy's awake."

________________________

Hey guys I am so sorry for not updating like I usually do. We had a NCAE and I was busy with school work. So heres an update for y'all. Hope y'all like it!

Vote

Comment

~Zoe