F o u r

I waited for her reaction and she just stared blankly at me. Her eyes showing a hint of excitement and fear. "Brook?" I was getting a little anxious. Harry was trying not to frown though his smile faltered a bit. "Honey? Please say something."

She looks at me then at her father then back at me again. "He is my daddy?" She points to Harry. I nod and a wide smile spread across her face. She then turned to Harry and spread her arms open, jumping out of my gasp as she flings herself onto him who catches her easily. "DADDY!"

It feels good to know that she took it well. I know she was trying hard not to ask questions when it came to her father. Sure, it was unexpected when she asked me last night about who her father is. It was hard, especially when you don't know how the father of your child will react. It felt good that they both took it well, especially Harry.

"Tay? Are you okay?" Green orbs stared into my blue ones. Concern swimming in his beautiful eyes, brows furrowed as he and brook looked at me with the same look.

I nod, tears brimming my eyes as I tried to will myself not to cry. "Of course, I'm fine. I've been waiting for this day to happen."

Harry smiles, pulling me into a hug, surprising me as I hugged him back. Brooklyn, in his arms as we all hugged. It was a wonderful feeling ever. I've been longing for this to happen. To be in his arms with our daughter.

Brooklyn looked up, eyes filled with tears. "Mommy, daddy, I love you both so much."

Harry and I both smiled, "we love you too sweetheart."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry had stayed with us until dinner. He had offered to stay cause he wants to spends time with Brooklyn which is fine by me. I haven't seen my daughter this happy for so long. Sure, she has been happy and giggly but I could tell that something is off whenever she sees a child with their father and I know she was wondering where her father is at the time but now her daddy is here and she is happy. They're both happy and that's what matters. Their happiness is what matters to me.

"Mommy!" Brooklyn jumped, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled and looked down at my baby girl. "Daddy and I were asking if we can watch Frozen!"

I blinked, my eyes looking at Harry who is already looking at me with a smile on his face. A smile I haven't seen since we broke up. Then I looked back at my little girl, "of course, you can."

She smiled widely as she gives me a hug and starts to pull Harry away to the living room. I laughed and shook my head as I washed the dishes.

After washing the dishes, I walked to the living room only to see father and daughter wrapped up in each other's arms, asleep. They weren't even halfway through the movie. I chuckled and took Brooklyn in my arms to her room where I tucked her in her bed and kisses her forehead before the leaving the door ajar and her nightlight on. I come back down, seeing Harry already on his feet and rubbing his eyes, coat in hand. He looks up just as I descended the stairs.

He smiles sleepily at me and I smiled back. "You should sleep in the guest room. It's pretty late and you're probably tired."

Harry nods, thanking me and kissing my cheek as he walked past me. Just as he was about to walk up the stairs, he tilts his head to the side and lifts his hand, two fingers raised in a peace sign as he stifles a laugh and thanks me again.

Gosh he is so weird.

____________________

Okay, this came out as a filler cause of how short this chapter is but I promise, as the story goes on, the chapters will be longer. Hope y'all enjoyed this!

Vote

Comment

~Zoe