Chapter three: Operation Rescue JR

For the past few day's. a week to be exact; I've been getting to know her. So far I know almost everything there is to know about another being.  She tell's me of her ventures of being the new kid to five different school's.  She told me the story behind her name,  Joya Jessica Riley. Her mother always told her about how much joy Joya brought into her life when she was born, so her mom at first was to name her Joy but instead she named her Joya.  seeing as the name Joya is more unique. As for her middle name, she just simply says it was given to her as a since of a regular name.  And her last name Riley, was her grandfather's last name .(her mother's father) , When she tell's me thing's about her life, it makes me wonder about my own. I mean I know of no reasoning behind my name besides my middle name, Joseph (named after my father Joseph Jackson ), But Joya told me something like this " Michael though you don't know the reason you are named Michael, it doesn't affect who you are, just be proud of your identity, plus I think Michael is a good name for a person of humbleness like you"

Today I made deal with myself.  Well it's more so I dared myself to do something.Today I will go to Joya's home and kidnap her. Not literally, but just steal her away. It may sound ludicrous but if you had a friend like Joya you would understand. I walk out of the bathroom after freshening up. I hum to myself a little,then I hear snickering coming from behind me. I slowly turn around to see three older version's of me. getting a kick out of my obvious happiness. I sigh. May I help you guys?, I said sarcastically.  They keep laughing then Tito steps up stills maintaining low giggles. "So little bro going to your little 'friend' house? ", He said air quoting the word 'friend'.I sigh deeply.  why does it matter? and if you must know yes I'm going to my friends house, I said half agitated. They are always sticking there nose where it sadly doesn't belong. Jermaine takes this time to input his insult.  "Michael? be honest with me now, I mean man to man, do you really think you can stay friend's with this girl? I mean do you really?  you know eventually she's going to find a little 'friend' of her own and then it's Michael who? ",He said patting my shoulder. I snatch away my shoulder.  "Just leave him alone he'll learn ", Marlon said looking at me shaking his head. I was partially happy he was sticking up for me in a way then saddened it was only out of disappointment. It's not like that plus it wouldn't matter we are just friend's, I said proudly. maybe too proudly because that made them burst into laughter again. "Michael little bro you are funny"  Jermaine said walking out into the next room across the hall.  Tito soon follows with his final share of 'manly' tips that ended in insults. I look at Marlon as he stops laughing. "Look little bro, sometimes boy's and girl's that are friend's become more than that, just wait.. feelings change Michael " And with that and a quick pat on my head he walked to Jermaine's room. I stood there and pondered then told mother and Joseph where I was going off to (I told them the park), They;after weird stares, dismissed me to go on my way.

What did they mean?,  was the questioned that kept burning my mind.  I shook out my thoughts and continued on my mission at hand, operation rescue JR(Joya Riley ). I walked past the playground and took the road Joya always takes after our meeting's at the playground. I quickly became lost. And after what seemed like forever, I finally reached her home. Her house looks just like the rest of the houses opposite of Jackson street,  slightly bigger but the houses are more adjacent to each other unlike the house's on Jackson, which are more perpendicular to each other. I walked up slowly to her front door. But I quickly backed away. knowing that her parents are home,I knew they wouldn't let me take her with me. I stood there and thought for awhile . Then an idea popped in my head. I walked around the back of the house where I was presuming Joya's bedroom is located. luckily for me there was a tree I could climb to see. I climbed slowly and carefully till I reached the window. I peeped in and sure enough there was Joya sitting reading. I tapped on the window. she instantly sat up and looked my direction. She looked at me with pure confusion then approached the window. She lifted the windowsill."Michael what are you doing here? ",I smile. Doing you a favor and rescuing you from boredom,I stated proudly. She gives me a look. "And what made you think I was bored",I peep around her room. Well for one your tv is off and you are reading, She looks at her book. "Well I'm sorry but I happen to Love reading life is more than what's on tv you know ",I smile. Well with tv I don't have to stare at paper to understand what's happening, "Well you have your views and I have mine Mr.Jackson" She said turning around. Wait! Joya I'm sorry I came here to take you to the park, she sits and opens her book pretending to read. "who said I would go? ",I sigh.  please? I'll buy you icecream on the way there, she peeked over her book. "any flavor I want? ",I smile. any flavor you want, she hides behind her book again. "I'll think about it ",aww come on, she laughs then walks towards her window. "fine you won me over ",I jump down from the tree. She slowly climbed down."alright let's go ",I smile. ok let's go....

To Be Continued...