Epilogue {Part 2}

Original Stats:
126 Views. 9 Votes. 8 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Epilogue {Part 2}

━━━━━━━━━

One Year Later

"Just suck in." Amanda groaned as she pulled at the sides of Clarity's dress. Clarity rolled her eyes at her maid or honor, knowing the dress fit just fine on its own. She had barely tried it on the day before.

"Shut up." She laughed, reaching behind herself and slapping Amanda on the arm.

"Okay, okay." Amanda gave in as she finally zipped up the dress. "But seriously, how did you lose the baby weight that fast? You only had Adie three months ago." She questioned, eyeing Clarity's unusual dress up and down. Clarity shrugged her shoulders, spinning about on the platform as she turned to look at her sister in law. Luckily for Andy, Amanda had been fine with eloping the last time they had been at the beach as a family. The small party they had thrown afterwards was to die for, but Clarity had always wanted something more special. Something both she, and Blake, would remember for the rest do their lives.

Not that her parents hadn't set high enough standards.

"Blake and I have been working on the house." Clarity spoke truthfully, her eyes lighting up as Bree carried her daughter into the room. Clarity lunged off the platform and took quiet steps towards her daughter. The little girl, barely three months old, had traveled along with her parents to the wedding in Japan. Both Clarity and Blake couldn't think of a better place to marry. "I haven't seen you in two days." Clarity whispered, her mother gently handing over Adellina.

Clarity held the baby girl close before feeling a new pair of eyes settling in on her. She glanced up in enough time to see her father walk into the room, her brother following close behind. "Is she the next CEO?" Chase teased before weaving his fingers with his wife's. Bree smiled, feeling her heart well at the mere sight of Clarity and her granddaughter. "Blake's father and step mother made it in okay." Chase relayed, gaining his daughter's attention once more.

"What about his brother?" Clarity asked quickly, instantly worried that Blake and herself wouldn't have their minister. Blake's younger brother, Henry, would be in the wedding party along with both Amanda and Andy, though he would be performing the ceremony. Blake's brother had gotten ordained earlier in the year just die the event. The wedding would be ruined if he wasn't there.

"Henry got in this morning. The Rancid's got in last night." Chase clarified, watching the worry fall from Clarity's face.

"Good." Clarity sighed. The entire year leading up to the wedding, she had assumed that she would be a stress-basket the day of. But, she had actually been calm the majority of the morning, and the night before. Now all she needed to do, was marry Blake. "Is everything set up out there?" The bride asked as her mother reached out for her granddaughter once more.

"Everything's set." Bree reassured. Clarity allowed her mother to take hold of Adellina. Bree gave Clarity a quick kiss on the cheek before pulling the rest of the wedding party out of the room, this leaving Chase and Clarity alone for one last moment.

"Thank you for everything, dad." Clarity whispered. She could hear the music beginning to play outside. The venue that the couple had picked was absolutely breathtaking. But Clarity hadn't had the chance to see it at sunset just yet. Along with that, she and Blake had been separated since the night before, each of the two taking shifts with their newborn daughter.