AEE14~~~ Damn these hormones of mine!

Chapter Fourteen

Damn these hormones of mine!

Meghan

I opened my eyes to find myself in a dark room. Where was I?

There was an IV stuck in my arm and a heart monitor next to my bed.

"What the-?" I cut myself off as I notice Bria sitting in the chair next to my bed, fast asleep.

Was I in the hospital? Why would I be in the hospital? As a new, terrifying thought occurs to me, I abruptly look down to my stomach.

What had happened to me? Were my twins okay? Oh shoes, I hope so. If they weren’t , I don't know if I’d be able to cope with it...

The door swiftly opened, cutting me out of my thoughts as the light from the hallway swept across my face.

Damon and Jason walked in. What was going on here? Why was my older brother here? Wasn't he supposed to be in South America?

"Jason? What are you doing here? I thought you were in South America for a few more months..." I try to sit up, but instead end up falling back into the bed as I do. My arms won't support me.

"You don't remember?" He asks me in a surprised voice as he makes his way closer to the bed to help me sit up.

“Remember what exactly?" He’s quiet for a minute. His eyes are filled with guilt and unshed tears.

“I am so sorry Meghan. I didn’t mean for it to happen. I was just so angry and--”

“Wait. Slow down! Jason, what the heck are you talking about?” I furrow my eyebrows. What was going on? I had no freaking clue.

“What do you remember last?” He looks worried.

“Shopping with Bria for baby clothes.” I say immediately, not thinking. Crap, he’s going to blow up on me for this! I’m surprised when he says nothing about it.

“Why aren’t you yelling at me?” I ask him, stunned.

“I already know about the pregnancy, Meghan.” He sighs. He rubs his hand over his face, eyes closed tight.

“How?” I shake my head, bewildered and confused. I was scared out of my mind too. I had no idea what was going on. “Why can’t I remember anything?”

“It must be a concussion. You did hit your head pretty hard.” I turn to look at Damon questioningly as he had been the one to answer me. Damn concussions... I was getting sick of not being able to remember my own life! Hell, I probably knew more about Damon right now than I did about myself!

“I think it would be better if Bria explained. She was with you the whole time, so I think she might be able to explain better.” Jason tells me and I glance over at the chair next to my bed. I’m surprised to see that she is already awake and sitting quietly, just watching us. She looks at me sadly.

“Bria?” I ask. The question has a thousand different meanings. What’s happening?

Why am I here?

What happened?

Are my babies okay?

Why do I feel like I got hit by a freight train?

Questions that I can’t bring myself to ask them.

“You remember the shopping trip?” She asks, not knowing where to start.