AEE18~~~ Is that a Barbie scarf?

Chapter Eighteen

Is that a Barbie scarf?

Bria

What is he doing here?

This didn’t make sense. Not even a little bit.

I mean, he had disappeared for three months. So, why was he here now?

“What the hell are you doing here?” I spit out at him, venom evident in my voice.

“I was in the neighborhood, thought I’d drop in and…” He glances slyly at Darren and Indie. “Check in on my girlfriend.”

“Wait. What?” In two seconds flat, Darren is on his feet and practically lunging for Greg’s throat. His eyes were a bright shade of murderous that clashed with his pretty boy face. “What the heck are you talking about Greg?”

“Oh, nothing Darren,” He smirks. “I just stopped by to see my girlfriend who is currently in this very hospital. Maybe you know her?” He pauses for a second, his eyes mocking. “Her name is Meghan Everest.”

“Wait. Hold up,” I interrupt before the fists start swinging. “Do you two know each other?”

“Yeah,” He turns his taunting eyes in my direction now, a cocky smile placed upon his face. “I also know Damien,” He does a little finger wave. Damien just rolls his eyes, looking bored. “And, Riley… And, of course,” He turns his eyes to the left of Riley, who has his signature emotionless mask in place. “Damon! How nice to see you! It’s been a while, friend.” His smile now has an angry edge to it.

“We were never friends,” He glares rudely at Greg and I quickly pipe up before he can say something he’ll regret as I can tell he was just about to.

<---------------- (This is where the teaser ended!!!) ----------------->

“Is that a Barbie scarf?” Darren cuts in rudely. He looks positively enraged. “Because last time I checked—“ I quickly make my way over to the two having a standoff and slap my hand over Darren’s big, fat mouth. He quickly pushes me away from him and I stumble a bit and Ky is there to steady me when I almost go down.

Darren starts to finish his sentence, so I hurriedly open mine and cut across his words, so they are unheard.

“Shut up! Look, this argument isn’t helping anyone!” Greg and Darren are still locked in a glaring match. I sigh. This has got to stop!

I can feel the angry tension building in the air. Someone is going to get hurt if it isn’t stopped quick.

“Greg.” That one little word seems to have all the power in the world packed into it, with how much command leaks into my voice. The blond head of Gregory West swings over in my direction and his frosty blue eyes meet mine.

“What?” He spits out, angry that I’ve interrupted him. In other circumstances, I would be shaking like a leaf at even the thought of angry Greg West who, coincidentally, had gotten angered by his so called best friend a year ago. His body had been found in a ditch two days later. Everyone knows he had something to do with it. Personally, I don’t think that he was the one who killed him. Greg has connections, and you don’t piss off a guy that has the kind of connections that he does. You do, you die.

I know I’m probably a coward, right? Well, I’m not running right now. Not while my best friend is in a comatose state and her babies lives could be at risk with this dick here.