AEE10~~~ I thought we had something special!

Chapter Ten

I thought we had something special!

Meghan

I hadn’t seen Darren in a few days. I was now seven weeks pregnant and I still had no clue what exactly I was going to do about him. He was going to find out sooner or later, right? So, it would make sense to tell him before he found out on his own or someone else told him, wouldn’t it?

 I had no freaking clue.

Bria and I had spent a few days just lazing around the house and then on Monday we had gone to work. It hadn’t been all that bad.

I had to tell my manager about my condition and she in turn had let the rest of the staff know and they were all super supportive and friendly.

It was Tuesday afternoon right now. I had skipped class (Darren’s obviously!) yesterday, but Bria was forcing me to go with her today.

His class had passed by in a blur, but it hadn’t been a good one. I had been avoiding Darren all day (More like all week!) and it had been working so far, but during class Darren had given me a detention after school because someone else was talking to me (He hadn’t even given the other person one too!). I guess he was getting tired of me avoiding him every time he tried to talk to me. I had thought he hadn’t noticed what I was doing, but apparently I was dead wrong.

The rest of the afternoon passed by really slowly (For which I was thankful for…) but alas, it was finally time to head to Darren’s classroom for my ‘detention’ as he so liked to call it. Whatever he liked to pretend it was, it was definitely not a detention (It was more like a way to get me alone…) and so there was no freaking way in hell that I was planning on calling it one.

I waited in his room for him, and twenty minutes later he still hadn’t shown up. Had he forgotten? Was he with his whore?

I decided I would wait (There wasn’t any reason to skip and get into more trouble) another ten minutes. If he didn’t show up then, I would leave.

Five minutes later I heard someone walking down the hall towards the classroom. I looked up to see a shadow in the doorway.

I was surprised when my heart nearly broke when it wasn’t Darren there.

“Who are you?” I ask, furrowing my eyebrows and frowning. I’ve never seen him before and he wasn’t a teacher, and definitely not a student, so…

“Damon.” He says grinning. He was tall and muscular. He had blonde hair and blue eyes and could definitely be classified as a golden boy. He was definitely attractive, I had to admit that, but no one could ever compete with Darren in my head.

“Damon—?”  

“Shelton. Damon Shelton.” He cuts me off, smiling at me. “Do you know where I can find Dar—“

He stops himself and instead just says, “Mr. Sullivan?”

“How do you know Darren?” I put extra emphasis on Darren. He raises his eyebrows in surprise.

“He’s my best friend.” He says smoothly. “Are you allowed to be calling your teacher by his first name?” He asks me, smirking.

“Probably not, but who the hell cares?” I shrug.

“I like you! You’re funny.” He chuckles, grinning at me.

“Nope.”

“Nope?” He looks lost.

“Nope. I haven’t seen him. He was supposed to be here for my detention twenty minutes ago.” I say indifferently.

“Do you know where he is?”

“No, but he’s probably with his whore of s girlfriend or something.” I try to keep my voice emotionless, but a tiny bit of jealousy creeps into my voice. I just hope he doesn’t notice.

“Damon?” A voice says from the doorway. “What are you doing here?” I turn to see none other than, you guessed it, Darren.

Oh, shoes. I hope he didn’t hear the part about his girlfriend being a whore. That would be super embarrassing.

“I came to see you of course!” He says, grinning at him.

“Wait… Are you two…?” I point at the two of them. They look at me confused.

“Are we what?” Damon asks.

“You know…” I say, uncomfortable now.

“No… I’m afraid we don’t know.” Darren says.

“Areyoutogether?” I ask in a rush. Darren just starts to laugh, but when he sees I’m serious, he quits and looks at me strangely.

“What would give you the idea that we were gay?” I look pointedly at Damon’s arms wrapped around Darren’s shoulders (And not in a brotherly way either…).

Darren quickly shrugs off his arms and glares at Damon. “No, we aren’t together.” He tells me.

“But, I thought we had something special!” Damon cries in an outraged expression on his face. If it weren’t for the glint in his eye, I would have thought he was serious. This man is an awesome actor. Even Darren was fooled.

“What?” He looks at Damon weirdly. “What the hell are you talking about?” He yells.

“First, you get me into bed, and then you deny we ever had anything special?” He pulls off a very convincing heartbroken expression and even manages to cry a little bit. Man, this guy is good.

“We never slept together!” Darren looks furious and embarrassed and I finally can’t take it anymore. I burst out laughing. Darren gives me a WTF look and Damon just looks at me knowingly, a smile pulling on his lips.

“He’s joking!” I laugh, doubled over.

“What?”

“I was just playing with you!” Damon cackles.

After we had calmed down, Damon turns to me.

“Hey, do you want to go out and get something to eat—?” He prompts the evil glint in his eye again. It takes me a minute to get what he’s doing. I look at Darren to see him looking jealous as hell.

“Meghan. My name is Meghan Everest.” I tell him, smiling seductively. “And yes, I would love to.”

“She can’t! She has detention!” Darren exclaims. His face is red and his eyes are wild.

“Detention ended ten minutes ago teach.” I close his jaw, which had dropped open just moments before. I wave my fingers at him before walking out of the room and make my way outside with Damon.