AEE19~~~ We need a doctor!

Chapter Nineteen

We need a doctor!

Bria

The days went by slowly after that; we were going on day 23 of Meghan being in a coma. With every day that passed, our hopes of her waking up would decrease somewhat.

Meghan was currently 16 weeks into her pregnancy now; the twins were doing great-- they were perfectly healthy. If Meghan had been awake, this would have been the week where she could see the genders.

The doctor had asked us her closest friends-Me, Damon, Darren (Because he's the father. That's definitely the only reason he got the choice.), and her family members. We had all said no, including Darren, which really didn't surprise me one bit. I wouldn't be surprised if he said no because he's just a grade-A jerk wad. Heck, I don't even know why he was still hanging around here. He was probably waiting for her to wake up so he could spew some crap about him and Indie 'being an accident', like he's already claiming.

We had kicked out Indie and told her not to come back, because honestly, she had absolute zero right to be here for Meghan. Indie lost that right when she got together with Meghan's boyfriend-not to mention the stuff she did before she left last time!

The rest of us had said no to the doctors offer to tell us, because we all felt that it wasn't fair for us to know when Meghan really should be the first to know (aside from the doctor and oh, maybe Darren? Too bad he's a monkey hole!).

So, we were all painfully waiting for the day that Meghan would wake up and we could (FINALLY!) find out the genders of her children.

The only times I had gone home were to bathe and change my clothes. I really didn't care about my makeup or hair lately. I mean, what's the point? I was only going to the hospital to sit at the bedside of my comatose best friend!

Darren had been coming to the hospital less and less with every day that passed; we were lucky to see him once a day (Or rather, unlucky as it turns out).

"Bria, honey?" Lydia Everest, mother of Meghan Everest, had made it a habit of hers to bug me every half an hour to see if I needed anything. I guess she felt like she needed to be doing something and this was practically the only thing she could do. I turn around from my perch on the side of my best friends bed and nodded at her to let her know to continue.

"Do you need anything? I'm headed down to that quaint little café on the corner of Briggs and Madison." She explains when I quirk an eyebrow at her. I don't talk much anymore; I like to take refuge inside of my head instead. It was definitely better than the hell that was my life right now.

"Um. Yeah, sure." I throw a quick smile at her. "Some hazelnut coffee would be really nice." (A/N: Hmmm... can anyone guess where that reference came from???! Dedication to whoever guesses first! Hint: Think Delivery boy. Heh... heh... heh.. ;) )

With that said, she leaves the room to go and gratefully fetch my coffee and whatever else anyone wants. Truthfully, I'm not really in the mood for coffee, or anything, really. She just looked like she was begging me to ask for something that I really couldn't say no, could I? Besides, I was going to need something to drink soon. My throat was beginning to get parched. The only time I ever left her room was to go to the bathroom, and that was only because it was necessary, unless I was going to go pee in the flower vase by Meghan's bed, but somehow, I didn't think that would be very sanitary.

As the time went by, I started to realize something; Meghan's mom had been gone for an awfully long time, so I decided I would go and see if she had returned yet.

I slowly opened the door and made my way down the hallway and to the waiting room just around the corner that had practically become the second home to the friends and family of Meghan Everest.

As I walked into the spacious room, I saw Meghan's father look up and sigh.  

"Bria, you know we love having you here, but, pardon my bluntness, are you ever going back to school? Everyone else has." He raises a dark eyebrow at me. I look down sheepishly.

"I know, but I just can't bring myself to leave her, and it really wouldn't do me any good to go either."

No kidding. The first time I had gone back, I had found that Indie was enrolled there now, and the rumors she had been spreading about Meghan had gotten her a one-way ticket to being sprawled out on the hallway floor. I had been so angry after hearing one of my (ex!) best friends calling my current best friend a slut/whore, and a billion other uncomplimentary names, so I had punched her. Twice; once, I punched her nose, the other time I hit her eye.

Let's just say that, currently, Indie Grey had a broken nose and a massive shiner. I was pretty proud of myself to say the least.

"And why would that be?" Mr. Everest asks, pulling me out of my flash back to that wonderful/horrible day. I almost think he's asking a question about my thoughts, but then I deduce that he's talking about why I can't/won't go back to school right now.

"Umm... well, it would just be really hard to concentrate right now. I mean, I wouldn't be doing myself or my grades any good just sitting at school doing nothing but worrying about her, would I?" I say quickly and, thankfully, he seems to be thinking it over. Finally, he looks at me and nods his head once, decisively.

"I suppose not," He looks like he's about to continue, so I but in and ask him if he's seen his wife recently.

He furrows his brows and responds with, "No, I haven't. I actually haven't seen her since she left to get coffees about an hour ago." He has this little worried glint in his eye, and just as I open my mouth to tell him that she probably just got stuck talking to a colleague or something, I hear a commotion coming from down the hall by the entrance leading to the ER wing. We were currently in the residential wing, which was right next to the ER entrance and wing.

So, since I'm just a curious little cat, I follow the sound of shouts for help to the lobby area where I can see them bring in a woman in her late twenties.

"We need a doctor! We have a car accident victim here!" And then, just as three doctors in scrubs skid into the lobby area, another gurney is wheeled into the building.

My mouth drops open from shock at the sight of wavy brown hair and pale white skin.

There's a gasp from right next to me and I look up with wide eyes to see Mr. Everest standing by my shoulder.

"Lydia?"

------------------

A/N: I am soooooo sorry that it took so long to post this.

What did you think of it? Sorry it was short and that I left you at a cliffy... :O

Comment and tell me your opinions! Remember, a dedication goes to whoever guesses the answer to my little trivia question. Some of you won't know it, but surely some of my readers know what it's from, right? If you don't shame on you.  

Cainam, i should hope that you actually do know it.. if you don't, weeeelll... that's really sad. :o

Vote if you thought this was any good.

I've been thinking lately; should I put AEE into the 2012 watty awards? I was thinking it, but I don't know... Do you think it's good enough? :/ I'm torn.

Thanks for reading guys. I love you all soo much.

-Sam! <3