Abilities?

Mikayla's POV

"Mikayla,quick! We're gonna be late!" Mom yelled from downstairs. I groaned and rolled over in my bed,looking over the clock on my nightstand. I lazily dragged myself to the bathroom and hopped in the shower.

Today was the day of the get together and I was nervous. Why? When we went to the diner,a few shocking revelations were made.For example,Harlene and Harry and Raven and Reece were couples for the past year. They apologised for not telling but they felt it would have made things awkward between us. I'm shocked they still had feelings for each other and it didn't disappear when we were apart. It was fun but the most surprising thing was Jazzy and Jaxon were talking and not arguing like they used to do. We couldn't understand anything they said because they conversed in Italian and we weren't fluent in Italian.

"Mikayla,are you done? It's getting late,hun." Mom knocked on my door.

"Yeah,I'm almost done. Do we have a dress code?" I yelled out,drying myself and wrapped the towel around myself before walking out.

"No but I've already chosen your clothes. It's on the bed. Get dressed and we'll leave." She sounded excited when she said that. I just smiled and shook my head,looking for the outfit that my mom chose for me.

"Why a skirt?" I groaned,looking at the outfit. It was a black lace halter neck top and a mint green mid thigh skater skirt. I hated skirts because the amount of movements that could be done were limited. I had no other choice so I put the outfit on and did my hair,putting it in a side braid. I grabbed my boots and slipped my feet in,walking out after making sure I looked presentable.

"I'm ready. Shall we go?" I asked as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"My baby's all grown up." Mom said with tears in her eyes after giving me a once over.

"Mom,I'm still 17." I chuckled at my mom who took out her phone and stood near me.

"Let's take a picture. You're too beautiful to not take at least one." I nodded and she clicked the button. We took five pictures with weird and funny faces.

"Are you-" Dad stopped in his tracks,staring at us.

"What is it,dear? Are you okay?" Mom asked him worriedly as she walked up to him and placed her palm on his cheek.

"Does she have to wear a skirt? Can't she wear jeans?" Mom rolled her eyes and playfully hit his shoulder.

"Let's go or we'll be late." Dad huffed and walked out with my mom and I in tow.

"Hun,please try to be friendly to them especially Blake. I know he has hurt you before but try to put it aside,alright? Please? No swearing or insulting!" Mom looked at me then went back to locking the door.

"Alright but no promises! I'll try but if he pushes it...." I trailed off,knowing my mom understood what I meant. 

"Don't worry! Everything'll be fine!" She kissed my hair and walked to my dad's car. I followed her,thinking about what might happen at the Knights' later. I hope nothing bad happens.

"Alright,seatbelts!" Dad said,looking at me through the rear-view mirror. I chuckled and buckled the seatbelt before nodding at my dad who was still looking at me. He started the engine and sped off while my mom went on about how long it has been since she saw The Knights.

"The last I saw Jaz and Blake were when they were 13 and 14. It was your birthday party."

"I know. You'll be shocked once you see them now because they look like a greek god and goddess. You'd be so jealous of them."