Chapter 15

That conversation wouldn't stop replaying in my head, it was on a constant loop like my mind was a broken record player. My mind emphasising on Rob's face as he realised what I now knew and how he tried to apologise.
No apology can make up for what he's done. Surely he realises that?
I guess it doesn't matter what he realises though because I'm never speaking to that two timing low life again. God! He's worse than Matt.

The tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face as I walked against the harsh cool breeze. It was night now and the temperature had dropped considerably. I had been walking for what felt like hours, with no real destination in mind.

I knew it was stupid of me too be walking alone especially after that night Rob and I got mugged. The memory made me cringe. The way I had looked at him just before my eyes had closed, thinking how much I wished I would wake up again to see him.
I laughed to myself, how stupid was I? My taste in men is really something...

First my, stupid and impulsive kiss with Matt then my relationship with Rob. I don't understand men. Why do they need to cheat? Maybe Rob was in an unhappy relationship? But even then why wouldn't he just end it?

The night was getting colder and I wrapped my arms around myself trying to keep warm. I had absolutely no idea where I was. I was somewhere suburban that's all I knew. The street was lined with houses, some with toys scattered through the front yard and some with immaculate front gardens and white picket fences, the picture of a perfect suburban life.

Would I ever get that? I mean, I've somehow travelled back in time by 30 years would I ever travel back? And if so when? How old would I be? And why was I ever transported back?
Is it possible I'm just dreaming? These questions started to make me feel dizzy, leaning against the white picket fence I took a minute to try and get myself together.

A honk from a car startled me to my senses. I looked up to see a woman about my age looking at me. "Are you alright love?"

Honestly I wasn't quite sure how to respond. I'm really not ok, I'm upset, mad and dizzy from my unknown fate and current situation.
"I-I uh, not really sure". I mutter barely above a whisper.
Somehow she heard it as she told me to get in the car. She leant over and pushed the car door open for me to get in.
Now I'm not usually one to get in cars with strangers but what did I really have to lose? Apart from my life I guess.

I did as she said and hopped in next to her. The car was small from the outside but seemingly roomy on the inside and very tidy.

I could see her clearly now, she was beautiful! She had olive skin, long and blonde voluminous hair that was curled like you'd see the actresses wear in the movies from 2015. Her eyes were bright green, with high cheekbones and the reddest natural lips I had ever seen. I was in awe of her beauty.

But there was something about her look that seemed off to me.

"Looks like you've had a rough night hun". She looked at me sympathetically before putting the gear stick in first and driving off.

"Yeah you could say that" I chuckle wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Want to talk about it?"
I think about it for a second before simply telling her that I seemed to be a magnet for the scummiest of men.

She laughed at what I told her looking from me to the road every so often. "I hear that, I've definitely had my share of shitty guys but one day you find the one that treats you they way you deserve and those shit heads mean nothing anymore and are all just a distant memory." Smiling at her comforting words I shake my head and ask if she has found that 'one'. The moonlight lighting up just the right features making her look like a goddess. Seriously if I wasn't straight I'd be keen on her.

"I sure have. I mean he shits me up the walls some days but I piss him off too, that's just what relationships are. People never tell you but relationships are full of disappointment and petty fights and take a lot of forgiveness you just have to find the one you're willing to go throughthe lows as well as the highs with.
By the way where am I taking you?".

It just dawned on me that I wasn't sure where I wanted to go. A seemingly simple question was now seemingly impossible to answer. I didn't want to go back to the motel incase I ran into...him.
I can't stand seeing Rob yet, I think I might hit him if I do but at the same time where else could I go?

I tell her the address of the motel and coincidentally we were only a few streets away.
The rest of the ride was in silence which I didn't mind too much. I needed to think, I needed to think of what I would do if I ran into Rob.
Before I knew it she pulled into the parking lot of the motel.

"Here we are". She looked over and smiled at me. Saying thank you i got out of the car but i before i shut the door I leant down "What's your name by the way?"
"Carina". She smiled and and raised her eyebrows expecting me to give her my name as well. "I'm AJ, thanks again for the ride!" With that I closed the door and gave her a quick wave as I walked towards the motel.

Carefully walking into the lobby I scan the room making sure none of the guys were there. It seemed I was in the all clear, the lobby seemed deserted except for the one staff member at the reception desk.
I wasn't even sure how late it was.

As I get to the elevators I hear my name called out and I freeze on the spot.
It was Rob. God only knows where he came from. I deide to ignore him and act as if I didn't hear a word he said. I really didn't know what to say to him right now and definitely wasn't in the mood for any lame excuses he wanted to try on me.

The elevator seemed to be taking forever. But finally, finally the doors opened and I scooted inside pressing the 'shut door' button numerous times. As the doors began to close Rob called my name again and I could hear his footsteps getting faster and louder which means he must be running to catch up with me.

Come on doors close close close!!!

After what seems like an eternity the metal doors finally close and I breathe out a sigh of relief.
I managedto escape him this time but what about tomorrow or -

Ding.

The doors open again and that's when I realised I hadn't pressed a floor button. To my horror and dismay there he was. Standing there with a desperate look on his face staring at me.

He steps in next to me and I have to hold myself back from slapping his smug, two timing face. Maybe I should just call him two time magee? Nah, that name kind of sucks I'll think of a better one.

"AJ let me expl-"
"No." I simply state. I'm not going to let this asshole see that he's upset me, that he has some kind of hold on me. Although the tear stains on my cheeks and my puffy eyes are a giveaway but still, it's the principal of the matter.
"Please I jus-"
"No."
"Are you going to keep interupt-"
"Yes."
"But you need to kno-"
"I already know what I need to know Rob. You have a girlfriend somewhere in the world. One that you have been cheating on with me...or on me with her. Either way that's all I need to know. Make up whatever lame excuses you need to so you can sleep at night but I for one am not interested in your pathetic lies of life. I'll see you tomorrow on set. Good night."
The doors opened and I left without a single glance his way and without my voice breaking. I was damn proud of myself, i really thought if I saw him I'd cry or something but like I said I couldn't let him see what effect he hd on me. I needed to stay strong and resilient in front of him. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

I got to my door and opened it up closing it behind me I fell against it and slid to the ground. Breathing out a huge sigh and more tears streaming down my face now that it was over.
I wouldn't let him see me cry but that doesn't mean i didn't need to cry.

Taking a few deep breaths i push myself up off the ground and walk over to the bed. A letter sat on it. Thinking it may have been from Rob i carefully and cautiouslt open it as if it may have had a bomb inside.

I unfold the paper and realise this letter definitely wasn't from Rob...

Figured out why you're in 1982 yet?
Surely you must have some idea by now Autumn Jane. Maybe Carina could have helped you, if you'd had asked the right questions. She has the information you need to start your journey to understand. Once you find her then call me. 203.