Day 2 - Your Crush

• Dedicated to The one I lost

Dear crush,

I really liked you. Not just because of the obvious things but because you were kind, and honest and just unique and had a certain charm about the way you did things. You were just different, less cocky, less confident, less "I need to impress". You didn't care about what others thought, you didn't follow other peoples' lead, you made your own way, you always did what you thought was right and you were always truthful to yourself and the people around you.

But above all else, you understood me. You didn't judge me or assume, you listened and you were thoughtful and you understood

I think I never got round to saying thank you for all of that. For being someone who would listen and someone who I could trust. And for being someone who would be actually decent. You would go against your friends if you thought they were wrong and would do things even if it would convey possibly the wrong image. You were brave.

But, of course, "happily ever after" doesn't exist and you left before I had even discovered my true feelings for you. And now I'm kicking myself. Kicking myself for not realising it before and not being brave enough to express my feelings. Because maybe if I had, "us" may have worked out and maybe I wouldn't be writing this right now...

I doubt you even remember me to be honest. I was never popular, or a good friend of yours. And I know you have a girlfriend now and everything but I still remember you and you still bring me happy memories.

So here it is, the letter expressing my actual truth which you will never read. I guess that's how life ends out in the end... Not so happily ever after.

Sorry,

Emma x