Introduction

One mistake of being in the wrong place at the wrong time turns Jessie Nightshade and her best friend, Saleen Harper, from a sexually abused high school mutant and overprotective college freshman mutant into the youngest SHIELD agents and Avengers.

One more case, and Jessie is suddenly thrown into the world of the Asgardians, and with the Convergence on the way, she's in for the fight of her life.

***

Or, in other words, the mysterious background of everyone's favorite Asgardian Time Lady, Jessie Nightshade is unveiled! Huzzah! :D

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but first off, the timeline was way too screwed. Of course, it's screwed even more now, but hey, it's fanfiction. Considering what I've done in every series, messing with dates is miniscule. So, the Avengers formed in 2007 (real early, yes, I know), Jessie and Saleen joined the Avengers in 2008 (Jessie was fifteen when she joined, and she's twenty in "Running Through the Stars," which takes place in 2013), and Thor: The Dark World takes place in mid-2012, since Grant Ward (in my very AU take on AoS) dies in December of that year.

Second of all, the end of the semester is really screwing with me mentally right now to the point I think I would freak out if I attempted the next few episodes right now. Caly with Rory leaving, the upcoming end of Alice . . . yeah. Maybe not for the best. But Marvel movies have been easy for me, and I thought it was about time to write this. Plus, I wanted to, and in the end, happy me = better book . . . unless I'm writing "Nightmare in Silver" for this . . . I'm betting I was pretty mad at something to pull off that fight scene. *coughs* Anyway!

To be clear, the main focus of this will be on Thor: The Dark World. The rest of the backstory (from Jessie's infamous seventh grade to how the duo joined the Avengers) will mainly be short snippets at the beginning of chapters.

And I have a decent script for this one! Woohoo! XD

 . . . and that was one hell of an A/N and cast list. XD Check in soon for the prologue, guys, then we're off and rolling!