Prologue

Trigger warning: scenes of sexual assault and rape.

***

Dizzy.

It's the first feeling she thinks of when she recalls the game. There's so many people there, so many people supporting their respective high schools for the state championship game. It's not the only time it comes to mind, either.

Sweat.

It's the smell that first comes to mind. Of course the football players would all be sweating. Who wouldn't in a stadium that could house practically double the entire student body of Ericksburg Middle School and their families?

Salt.

It's stadium food. Nachos, fries, chips. What isn't coated in salt there?

Sugar.

Ditto. Cotton candy, candy bars, sweet drinks.

Tension.

She could cut it with a knife. Everyone knows the game will end close. Ericksburg and their opponent are the top schools in their division. No one relaxes at this game. Not even her.

Celebration.

It's a win from sweat and tears, and there isn't a person in the Ericksburg stands that isn't cheering in victory. She doesn't even consider how quickly that could end.

Dizzy.

It's the second time she feels it. After all, there's way too many people trying to crowd into the house. How's one supposed to maneuver through everyone? Well, everyone that isn't like her.

Booze.

It's one of the first things she notes when she's through the door. There's alcohol everywhere. She can smell it on people, on things. It's everywhere. It's just a shame she doesn't notice where else it is sooner.

Nothing.

Strangely, nothing is actually a feeling. Within the first drinks she had of punch spiked with alcohol and some additional drug, that's exactly what she feels. Nothing as she feels the cup drop from her hand, nothing when there were hands tugging at her, nothing when she feels her body hit a mattress.

Blood.

It's something she never liked. Seeing and smelling the blood covering her and the sheets was a sight forever imprinted in her memory. It's not a good one. She still has nightmares about what happened.

Shock.

Who wouldn't feel that after being horribly raped in such a way? She couldn't even remember specifically who did it all. She could only remember the football player collapsed on the floor, out with a solid hangover.

Pain.

It hurt to walk, to think, to call her best friend. Never in all of her life had she felt pain like she had then. And she never wanted to feel it again.

Devastation.

It's clear in her voice when she phones Saleen. Her friend instantly knows something is wrong when she says nothing; only her stifled sobs are audible. Her five words, however, convey everything in one simple sentence.

"Get me out of here."

+++

Long before the birth of light, there was darkness, and from that darkness came the Dark Elves. Millennia ago, the most ruthless of their kind, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night. Such evil was blossomed through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction. The noble armies of Asgard, led by my father, King Bor, waged a mighty war against these wretches.

As the nine worlds converged above him, Malekith could at least unleash the Aether. But Asgard had ripped the weapon from his grasp. Without it, the Dark Elves fell. With the battle all but lost, Malekith sacrificed his own people in desperate attempt to lay waste to Asgard's army. Malekith was ambushed, and the Aether was no more . . . also we were led to believe.

+++

An insulated thermos landed on the table in front of her, and Jessie Nightshade shot up with a start. She took one sniff of the thermos, then looked up at the smirking man in front of her. "I love you."

"Good morning to you, too," Grant Ward snickered as he sat across from her, Jessie instantly taking the thermos and swallowing the hot chocolate greedily. "Thought you could use a refill. What was it this time, work? Just exhaustion?"

"No," Jessie shook her head, looking down at the table she had fallen asleep at. "Nightmare."

"Ah." Grant doesn't have to hear anything else. "Usual?"

"I have a usual?"

Grant raised an eyebrow. "Well, it isn't Manhattan, I can tell you that."

Jessie closed her eyes. "Then yeah. The usual."

Grant shook his head. "Should I call Saleen?"

"No," Jessie instantly shook her head as well. "She's trying to work with the other Avengers on getting rid of HYDRA. She doesn't need me to distract her."

"Fine," Grant sighed, standing up. "But you know you aren't to me."

"I know," Jessie smiled at him. "Thank you for this, by the way."

"Thought you might need it," Grant shrugged. "But I thought I should warn you, Coulson will get to you soon."

"What? Why?"

"Apparently, there's somewhere you're needed, and not us."

"And where's that?"

"Rumor has it you're finally getting to meet Thor's friends. I think I heard he's sending you to meet Jane Foster."

Jessie's eyes widened, and she stared down at her drink, taking that in, and swallowed. "I think I'll need another."

Grant just laughed.

***

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to "Thor: The Dark World," starring Chris Hemsworth, Isabelle Fuhrman, and Tom Hiddleston, our favorite Asgard trio. :)

And I'm still laughing when I see Christopher Eccleston in the cast list as someone other than the Doctor. XD

The first chapter will be up in a few moments!