Chapter Nine

Only one flashback this time, everyone. Because it's a chapter everyone's (probably) been waiting for.

We find out if Jessie's theory is true, Loki respects the ThunderWolf BroTP, and they all escape from Asgard!

I had fun writing this. :) Enjoy!

***

When he heard footsteps approach his cell, Loki looked up, then chuckled when he saw who was coming. "Thor. After all this time, now you come to visit me. And you brought your girlfriend, too."

"I'm not his girlfriend," Jessie shook her head, grimacing.

"Not my girlfriend," Thor agreed.

"That's weird."

Loki's lips quirked in a smirk. "Have you come to gloat? To mock?"

Thor sighed and looked around. "Loki, enough. No more illusions."

Loki narrowed his eyes, then released it. Jessie gasped, eyes wide when she saw the utter destruction inside the cell. All of his furniture was overturned, books were thrown carelessly about, and Loki was slumped against the wall, unkempt and messy. "Now you see me, brother," Loki said bitterly as Thor walked around to be closer, Jessie following behind. Loki turned his gaze to Jessie. "You didn't tell me one thing, Lady Nightshade. Did she suffer?"

Jessie flinched, and Thor shifted so he stood slightly in front of her. "We did not come here to share in our grief," he said. "Instead, I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament."

Loki tilted his head, considering. "Go on."

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help us escape Asgard, and I will grant it to you: vengeance. And afterwards, this cell."

Loki stared at him, then burst out laughing. "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

Jessie whispered in Thor's ear, still looking at Loki. Thor gave him a hard look before giving Jessie a small nod. "I don't," he answered. "Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with the glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me, and I will kill you. You harm my sister in all but blood, I will do far worse than that."

Loki considered the dark-haired girl at his side, then conceded. "When do we start?"

"In one moment," Thor answered, stepping inside the cell. "But first of all, there is something I need to do first."

"And what, pray tell, would that be?" Loki drawled.

"Cognitive recalibration," Jessie spoke out loud to him for the first time since she arrived with Thor.

Loki blinked, but that was all he remembered before Thor grabbed him roughly and slammed him into the wall, knocking him out.

+++

Jessie shot upright in bed that night, gasping for breath, reaching for her throat. She swallowed, getting her breath back, then noted her lights were slowly turning on. "Miss Nightshade?" JARVIS's voice asked in concern.

"Hi, JARVIS," Jessie sighed, putting her head in her hands. "Sorry."

"I am always functioning, Miss Nightshade. Apologies are not required."

"Is there anyone in the kitchen right now, JARVIS?"

"No one currently, Miss Nightshade."

"Thanks, JARVIS."

"My pleasure."

Jessie absently slid into a pair of sneakers and trudged towards the elevator, wearing a simple tank top and sweats, her hair in a messy ponytail. She probably wasn't going to get to sleep again for a few hours. Might as well speed up the process.