Chapter 1

The wind was warm against my face as I opened the window of my run down truck. I was making my way down Route 66 to my aunt and uncle's house after picking up some furniture she bought online. It was about 3.30pm and It looked like I was the only driver on the road today. I guess I should explain, my name is Mia and I have being living with my aunt and uncle for about a year. my mother died 9 years ago. We were broke, she had no money or a job so she took her own life. Doctors say it was depression and she was mentally unstable, she looked pretty fine to me that Tuesday afternoon when I left her to go to school, but there we are and I can't bring her back. I was living on my own for 9 years after, I told them I was with my step father, but then the 'child catchers' found out about it and sent me to my 'family'.It was obvious that my 'god parents' did not want me there, they always gave me out of town jobs. I was hardly ever there.

I was picking up some furniture from Sante fe, on my way home to st Louise. I put on some music singing along to the track when I noticed a car close up. I looked in the mirror to see a bunch of guys, topless. Singing to music also. Hammering the dashboard with there plastic bottles. Not realising that they are about to crash into me. I started beeping my horn, and shouting outside the car. I looked in the mirror again and noticed the guy in the passenger seat. He had dark hair, a tanned body with bright eyes.. No wait I can't tell what colour they are. I tried to keep my eye on the road. They did not move, twats. I looked up to the mirror again, the guy in the passenger seat caught my eye. He looked at me like I killed someone yet he looked happy in his eyes. I saw him punch the arm of his friend who sat in the drivers seat. I then kept my eye on the road, slightly scared. They started beeping there horn, with made me jump. These people are freaks.

After about 10 minutes of them beeping there horns, they finally took over me. There car was at the side of my truck, you could tells hey spent a lot of money on there car. I looked down ashamed yet kept my eye on the road.

"HEY!" I heard a male's voice.

I looked up instantly, the face of perfection smiled at me. With his sparkling hazel eyes

"Mate" he said.

"Wait!-What?"

A truck started speeding down the road, it couldn't stop, he diverted to my lane. I drove to the side, my truck turned. The furniture flew about and hit my in the face. I was out.

Kai POV

Me and the guys were heading back from a road trip down to see other alphas from nearby packs. I was also looking out for my mate, since my dad has said he will step down as alpha and let me take lead when I find my mate and make her luna. My wolf is craving for my mate but Im not so keen. I get bored easily and I'm sort of a player. I just want to find my mate so I can take over my pack, no emotional attachments. All the guys say it will change when I find her,if it does it does.

Jace was driving, my best friend and future beta. We were singing and playing about, then I suddenly Caught the eye of a girl, and not any other girl. What should of been my girl, my mate.

(The accident)

Our car was aside her truck. We both looked into each others eyes. I had to say it, I had to tell her.

"Mate"

She didn't understand, she was human.

Suddenly her car went off the road and flipped, I heard her scream. My mate's hurt.

My own head hurt, when two mates meet then stage 1 of the bond is complete which means she can feels what I feels and feels what she feels but not as much.

I got Jace to stop the car, I jumped out and ran to her truck, I could see the oil spilling out. It's going to blow.

I had to get her out, the boys held me back I growled at them and pushed them away. She's my mate how dare they disrespect there future alpha and let there Luna die. I ran closer and tried to open the door it was so damaged I used my alpha strength and threw the door off and chucked it aside. I had to reach my mate I saw her laying like a damaged angel. I torn her seatbelt off and tried to pull her closer to me. She was stuck under a chair, great. I pushed the chair off her and pulled her into my arms. I pulled her out and the guys tried to help, I growled at them. She was asleep in my arms. I herd the whispers between the boys

"Is she dead" Michael, the youngest (15) stood up and bravely said.

" GET HER IN THE CAR NOW!!" Jace shouted at me, I ignored him and kept her to my chest , the sparks were flying between

Us, I just wanted to mark her so she could feel it too. I fought my wolf and took control. I suddenly looked at Jace, like I was out from being hypnotised. I looked at my arm, her body was limp. She needed help.

I took her to the car and help her on my lap. We drove for about two hours until we reached our pack in Dallas. I ran with her to the pack doctor.

"Mr. Wolfe" the doctor said confused and worried. He looked down at my arms to see my mate, he then pointed to the bed. I laid her down and stood while Jace explained what happened. I stood there as they worked around me to help her.

" You need to leave" I heard someone say.

"IM NOT LEAVING MY MATE" I shouted. How dare they.

I punched the wall next me. That's when I felt my arms being pulled back, I didn't budge.

"IF YOU DONT GO ,YOUL PUT HER LIFE IN DANGER"

I pushed everyone to the growned and ran out and shifted. I needed to think.