Baby

Jacob and Michael came back from the pub to find Connie asleep on the sofa, Betty laying next to her with her head and paw on her bump.

The dog wagged her tail as she saw Jacob and Jacob patted her before kissing Connie's forehead.

"Hi," she smiled, cuddling Jacob before getting up and cuddling into Michael as he kissed her cheek.

"You look good pregnant," Michael grinned and Connie pulled him down to sit next to her, leaning into him as Jacob made three cups of tea.

"He looking after you properly?" Michael asked, not aware of Jacob in the doorway,

"Of course he is," she smiled,

"I told you he's a good man didn't I..."

"Quit gloating Cupid," she smiled, "it's nice to see you... Here feel this..."

He placed his hand on her stomach, "Jacob masters is a lucky man," he smiled, kissing her cheek,

"Will you be godfather when the baby is born?" She asked as Jacob appeared and handed them all some tea, "we'd really like it if you would,"

"I'd be honoured," he nodded and Connie smiled, "I'm exhausted, I'll leave you two to it... Don't be telling him anymore embarrassing stories Michael,"

Michael smiled as Connie leaned down and kissed his cheek before she sat onto Jacobs lap and kissed his mouth gently.

"I won't be long,"

She smiled, "take as long as you want, we have all day together tomorrow."

"You really love her don't you?" Michael asked and Jacob smiled,

"Like you wouldn't believe mate... I've never known anything like how I feel for her."

She woke him up a few months later, sitting on the edge of the bed, her breathing heavy,

"You need to grab my bag and help me get dressed," she told him, "I think the baby is on its way,"

He turned on the light to see her sat only on her underwear, her hair falling down her back, her hands on her stomach,

"You look so beautiful," he smiled, kissing her hair before assisting her into a long skirt and vest top.

She stood up slowly and hissed half way down the stairs as she felt a contraction rip through her. Jacob lifted her into the car and she exhaled,

"Get Betty... Let's drop her at Michaels,"

He smiled, "you and that bloody dog,"

"Come on Betty," he yelled through the house, smiling as the dog ran out and into the car, cuddling into Connie in the back seat.

"Be good for Michael," she told the dog, before Michael leaned forward and kissed her forehead,

"Call me when I can meet my god child," he smiled, "I'll see you soon."

"Right, let's get you to the hospital,"

After it took her more than ten minutes to get across the hospital car park he finally had enough and lifted her as she continued to refuse to sit in a wheelchair.

"Go to the ED," she uttered as Jacob did as she asked,

"Con..."

"I think I'm about to give birth now Zoe," she uttered and Zoe raised her eyebrows, "you're right, Jacob, hold her hand, Connie get ready to push,"

She gave birth quickly, the labour lasting only two hours in total and she smiled as Zoe placed the little girl onto her chest,

"You have a beautiful baby girl," Zoe smiled and Connie moved over so Jacob could sit beside her.

"Thank you Zoe," Connie smiled and she nodded, kissing Connie's cheek, "pleasure, make sure you get some rest now,"

"She's so beautiful," Connie smiled up at Jacob who struggled to draw his eyes away from his two girls.

"Like her mum," he uttered,

"Don't cry you big softie," she smiled, nudging him as he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her hair, "I'm so very proud of you,"

"I heard you created quite a stir at reception Sam smiled... Congratulations the pair of you... She's gorgeous,"

Their little girl had Connie's green eyes and freckles and a skin colour that was in-between Connie and Jacobs.

"Thank you," Jacob smiled as he realised Connie had fallen asleep,

"You'll look after her and love her how she deserves won't you?" Sam asked Jacob quietly, "I've never seen her so happy and it suits her,"

Jacob shook Sam's hand, "you have my word,"

"I'll pop by tomorrow... Congratulations mate."

Jacob smiled and wrapped his arms around Connie gently. She slept soundly and he smiled, the woman could sleep anywhere.

"I'm so proud of you... You're going to be a great mummy," he whispered, before he too closed his eyes.

He woke in the morning to see Connie stood looking out the window across Holby, speaking softly to their daughter.

"Hi babe," she smiled as he slipped his arms around her waist,

"You're a natural," he smiled, "I feel so incredibly lucky,"

"I hope we can take her home today," she smiled, "I can't wait to have our daughter at home with us.

"Still think you'll be saying that when we're both sleep deprived?"

She laughed, "no... Probably not... But for now let's enjoy this quiet." His lips pressed against her neck and she smiled, 

"Can you believe we're parents?" He spoke quietly and she smiled, 

"No," she grinned, watching how their baby slept peacefully in her arms, "I can't quite believe we've created something so beautiful."