Chapter 42- And Peggy!

Lin's POV

"Olivia is going to love what you got!" Alex said walking back to the theater with coffee in our hands for ourselves and for whoever's at the theater. We walked in and I saw Vanessa and my parents talking there were smiles and tears. I was going to ask them something when I heard signing from on stage. I walked to the stage. I guess my dad heard and followed me. As soon as I saw Liv singing to Sebastian I pulled out my phone and started filming her. When she finished I started clapping, she turned to me. My dad had been taking pictures and now was clapping.

"That was beautiful mija!" She smiled and walked over to me. She hugged me tightly. My dad smiled and mouthed 'I told you everything was going to be fine'. I smiled back at him.

"Papi can we talk?" Liv asked looking up to me. I nodded and she led me to my dressing room. She immediately burst into tears.

"Mija!" I hugged her tightly. She hugged back crying. "What's wrong mija?" She sighed and pulled out of the hug. She took her time getting herself together enough to talk. While I waited I noticed how skinny she's gotten. She had bags under her eyes, tear stains all over her face. Her hair was flat and dull. Overall she looked terrible, like she was getting sick.

"Papi... The reason i've been upset lately is... Today is the day my parents died..." She broke down again. I pulled her into a tight hug. She sobbed into my chest. I rubbed her back trying to help her calm down. I was about to say something but someone beat me to it.

"Liv? Are you okay?" Groff had arrived. I forgot today was Saturday, a two show day. Groff ran over to Liv and I.

"Liv go find Alex and Tommy. I think they have a surprise for you!" She smiled and hugged Groff and me again. Then ran out looking for Alex and Tommy.

"What was that all about Lin?" I told Groff everything. About her parents and how she looks like she's getting sick. "Oh my god!" He pulled me into a big hug, "she's going to be okay." He pulled out of the hug to start getting ready. "Now what's the big surprise?"

"Tommy is letting Liv go on today for Peggy. Jazzy is still going to be Maria Reynolds. It's Tommy's early christmas present for Liv. We agreed to let her perform today to help bring her spirits up. I also may have contacted her brother." Groff nearly fell out of his chair.

"The one who beated her up in an alley!" I nodded my head, "are you insane! He could hurt her again!" I sighed.

"She needs her brother. He's the only family she has! Don't worry we will be with them." We both sighed and got ready.

About halfway through getting ready I heard a squeal. "I guess Tommy and Alex told her," Groff chuckled.

"Alex has a different surprise. I think he's going to save it. I don't know what it is but he said Liv is guaranteed to love it." John and I smiled. We heard the ten minute call and decided to head downstairs. I saw Liv in her Peggy costume giggling with Jazzy. "I guess Tommy told you his surprise!" Liv ran over and hugged me. "I'm so excited for you Mija!"

"I'm more excited! This is my broadway debut!" She squealed. I chuckled and gave her one last hug as they called five minutes. She ran to get into places bouncing with excitement. I chuckled and headed to my place. I chatted with everyone until the light went down and the music started. This was going to be a great show. I could feel it.

Liv's POV

I was in the wings watching Non-Stop. My family was so talented. I was waiting there instead of changing because I wanted to see Lin as soon as he got off. When the song finally ended Lin saw me and ran over to me, smothering me into a hug. "You did amazing mija!" I could see it in his face how proud of me he was.

"You did amazing too dad!" our sweet moment was interrupted by Tommy running to us.

"Lin! Anthony just passed out! We don't have anyone to go on for Philip! The understudies are on vacation and the swings are all in the ensemble tonight!" Tommy rushed. "The only person is..." they both looked at me.

"No! I don't know it!" I shouted back. My anxiety started kicking in. I couldn't breathe. The walls started closing in on me. My balance was taken from me. I leaned against the nearest wall trying to not fall over.

"Mija, calm down. We won't make you do anything that will make you uncomfortable," Lin said hugging me. I couldn't get myself to calm down. Breathing only got harder, the walls only kept getting closer, my vision blurring. "Mija? Mija!" I fell to the ground, unable to stand anymore.

"Lin! What's going on! We're on in ten! Olivia!" I heard someone yell! Everyone was blobs.

"What do we do?!?" a blob yelled

"Call 911!" another blob yelled.

"Calm down!"

"Someone go announce we need to extend intermission!"

"P-Papi..." I was able to mumble out trying to grab the nearest person I thought was Lin.

"It's going to be okay nieta," I heard Abuelo's voice say. That's weird. I don't remember him being back stage.

"Liv hang in there!" I heard someone else yell to me as I was picked up. I heard sirens in the distance. I heard crying and yelling.

Everything went black.