Epilogue

"Alright, kids. Don't forget to hand in your homework to Miss Ashley next Monday. She will be your teacher during the rest of the school year" Emma explained the small students minutes after the bell rang.

"Do you really have to go?" Liv asked "Can't you stay with us?"

The blondie smiled "I wish I could, but as I've already told you..." She said, standing up from the chair "I need to get ready for my baby's arrival"

Emma placed a hand on her six-month belly as the kids stared curiously.

"Do you already know if it's a boy or a girl, Mrs. Jones?" Phoebe asked.

"Yup. My husband and I went to the doctor the other day... It's a baby boy"

There was a long and cute "Aww!" in the classroom that made Emma giggle. Those kids were truly amazing, she really couldn't wait to have one of her own.

"Have you picked a name?" Kate asked.

The teacher shook her head "That's something we still need to decide. But once we pick it out I'll let you know, okay?"

They agreed and Emma prepared to leave. Just when the bell rang, the principal entered the classroom.

"Hello kids" She said with a warm smile.

"Hello Mrs. Fraser" the children greeted her.

"Hi, Emma" She told her "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I was just saying goodbye. I'm gonna miss them. Hopefully I'll come back soon"

"We do hope so. You're one of the most loved teachers in school and you entered not so long ago. Meanwhile, we wanted to give you a little present for the baby" She commented, handing Emma a teddy bear with a blue ribbon.

"Oh! It's adorable! Thank you so much, all of you. I love it"

Emma said goodbye once more before making her way to the entrance, where Killian was already waiting for her next to their car.

"Hey beautiful" he said, kissing her quickly.

"Hi! Look what the kids and Claire gave me. Isn't it a sweet detail?"

"It really is" he stated, patting the teddy bear's head "Come, let's go home and put it in the nursery. It's gonna look perfect"

Emma went inside the car before Killian drove to their house. He parked next to the white picket fence and helped his wife get down. Holding hands, both went upstairs and she couldn't help gasping in surprise as soon as she saw an adorable crib in the room.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed.

"It's a gift from your parents" he said, smiling widely "And it's one of a kind. Your mother designed it just for our baby"

"It's so pretty! I should call them and thank them"

"You can do it in person tonight. I invited them to dinner. Don't worry, I'm cooking"

Emma grinned "Sounds perfect. Thanks"

Killian kissed the top of her head before placing the cuddly toy inside the crib. It did look lovely.

"What do you say we go downstairs and go to the porch while we drink some juice"

"Juice? I thought you were going to say rum"

"Well," he said "you're pregnant, so technically you can't have rum. And because I'm the best husband-soon to be dad, I'm drinking the same you have"

Emma rolled her eyes playfully "Okay, okay. Let's get some juice then. Orange?"

"Orange"

Killian smiled as he held Emma's hand in his, heading downstairs and ready to sit by the porch to contemplate the sun rising in the horizon.

~•••~

That's a wrap!

Thank you so so much to all of you beautiful readers! It makes me so happy to see your comments and feedback each time I publish a new chapter. It was such a great experience writing "The Bodyguard", it's been an amazing journey, I'm sad it's over.

As many of you know from my previous works, I don't do sequels. Sorry.

However, I have good news...

A whole new Captain Swan fanfic is in the works!! I still don't have an official date, but possibly on February. Stay tuned for updates and news.

Meanwhile, you can check out my CS Christmas Story 🎄❤️

Thanks a lot for the support!!! Happy holidays!