Chapter 21 - Unexpected Visitor

- Serena

"Ahhhh! Stop it!" I shouted laughing as Dan flicked wet cutlery to splash me as we did the dishes. We ended up running round the kitchen trying to splash each other. All of a sudden the phone went.

"Hello." Dan said. He listened for a response. He put the phone down so the person calling wouldn't be able to here.

"It's Blair." He said looking confused. I was so happy she was here.

"Send her up." I said and he picked up the phone again.

"Sorry uh if you just send her up that would be great. Thank you, bye." He said putting the phone down. We frantically put everything where it was supposed to go and went over to the hall.

"Why do you think Blair is here?" Dan asked.

"I have no idea, I've just been giving her space." I said, he was about to reply when the elevator doors opened and out came Blair.

"Blair!" I shouted then looked again. "And Grace?" I said really confused.

"S!" She said hugging me. "Hello Humphrey." She said nodding towards him.

"Hi Blair." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"So what brings you here after all this time, are you okay? You look great." I said politely.

"Well I actually wondered if you could take Grace cause me and Chuck both have work." She said smiling. Work? Blair quite work when she was diagnosed months ago? I looked at Dan and he was giving me a confused face so I obviously wasn't wrong.

"Oh, B, did you get another job?" I asked smiling. She shook her head.

"No, actually I got the same job so I need to be heading off, nice catching up." She said plopping Grace in Dan's arms and getting in the elavator and pushed the button.

"Blair!" I shouted but it was too late, she was gone. I looked at Dan.

"So she's not spoken to us in months, barely left the house, been seen once, then randomly comes over puts her child in our arms and leaves with no explanation. That's not right." Moaned Dan.

"Look we have no idea what is going on in Blair's life so the least we could do is look after her child until she gets back from work." I said.

"I don't get it, how did she even get her job back?" Said Dan.

I laughed and replied "Simple, she's Blair Waldorf."