Chapter 35 - Lost Patience

- Serena

"Oo could you get my purse." I shouted to Dan as I wrapped some of my hair round the curling iron I was using.

"You Purse?" He said laughing. "Serena you have about 50 purses."

"Um.. The gold Michael Kors." I said realising my point. I then heard a huge thud.

"Curse you handbags!" Shouted Dan angrily. Sighing I got up and wandered through to my closet. Dan was sitting on the floor with about twenty handbags surrounding him.

"Your hopeless." I moaned picking them up and arranging them again, he got up and tried to help.

"Sorry." He winged as he picked up the last one handing it to me to put away. I snatched the purse I was looking for and walked out.

-

We got arrived at Butter a bit early and Chuck and Blair weren't here yet. It was freezing cold so I huddled into Dan for warmth.

"Dan, do you think Blair is okay?" I asked closing my eyes and thinking terrible thoughts. Like Chuck was coming to come out of the limo alone then open the door wide and we would see Blair's dead body. Or we would be sitting in butter eating and she would just collapse and die.

"Well, let's he." He said taking his arm away from around me and walking a couple of paces forward as the Bass limo pulled up. I stumbled backwards afraid and shut my eyes, then I heard the door open and heard Blairs chirpy voice as Chuck helped her out of the limo. Relieved, I opened my eyes and walked over to greet them.

"Serena." Said Chuck as we kissed on the cheek.

"Hey Chuck!" I replied and looked to see Blair and Dan hugging quickly.

"S!" She shouted wandering over and hugging me tightly as Chuck and Dan greeted each other.

"B! Your okay!" I said smiling, I was expecting her to answer but she completely ignored my comment which I was quite concerned about cause I really needed reassurance. Chuck seemed to pick up on it though and he nodded as the doorman opened the door to let us in.

"Table for Bass." Said Chuck to the waiter and he led us to our table. Everyone was staring at Blair, no joke. She didn't seem to mind. I took of my coat and scarf, revealing my gold sequin cocktail dress that my purse matched. Blair was wearing a beautiful, sexy but classy deep purple dress with a matching head band. Chuck was coordinating with her dress with his purple tie. I wish I could get Dan to do things like that.

"Well that wasn't what you were wearing this morning!" I said to Blair.

"We went home to change before coming here." She replied.

"Oh." I said hanging my jacket over the back of my chair.

"Anyone heard from Nathaniel?" Chuck asked.

"He'll be late like usual." Dan laughed, it was true, Nate was always late! A waitress came over asking to take our order but we decided to wait on him. I took the time as an opportunity to try and find out what happened earlier.

"So B." I started and she turned to me listening. "What happened this morning, are you okay?"

"Of course, nothing really happened." She said calmly.

"How can you say nothing really happened? You collapsed on the floor! Then Chuck had to take you away dramatically! Then you through up in a bathroom stall for like 20 minutes!" I said angry at how she was playing this down. I'm her best friend why won't she just tell me.

"Serena." Mumbled Dan as if I was going to far, pha! Chuck shifted position in his seat angled as if he was protecting Blair, as if he would jump at me in any moment.

"Well it seams like you already know." Blair hissed.

"How can you play this down? Don't you see? We were all worried sick!" I snapped loosing patience quickly.

"Oh sorry Serena, I'm sorry for worrying you. Poor Serena, don't we all feel bad. Serena don't you see, I'm dying! That is just one of the side effects! And if you think I'm going to call you everytime I experience side effects, your wrong. And if you think I'm going to feel sorry for you, your also wrong!" She shouted at me, I could not believe her. This was ridiculous. I was just about to argue back when Nate waddled over.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. What did I miss." He said and everyone just looked at the floor...