Chapter 44 - We're Done

- Dan

"I don't even know who you are anymore!" I yelled at her.

"Are we still talking about that tip to gossip girl Dan? The one about Blair? Come on, that was 3 months ago, get over it!" She shouted back angrily.

"Not just that, how about the fact that you blackmailed Vanessa out of town when she came over with her husband and two children?" I said furiously. About four years ago Vanessa had got married to a man named Romie in Barcelona, I was at the wedding, a year later they had their first child then the following year their second. They had came over to New York for the holidays, Serena stole Vanessa's phone and their had been texts between her and another man about them having had sex a few nights ago, she used that to blackmail her out of town and back to Spain, when I overheard one of Serena's phone calls to her I was so mad.

"So what, people do things like that all the time." She argued.

"Serena we aren't in high school! No, people don't. What about what you did to Nate, do you just like to see him alone, when he was finally happy with a girlfriend you had to get rid of her too?" I said clenching my fists tightly.

"She was not good enough for him." She said looking at the floor.

"And what about the fact your bestfriend from kindergarten is dying, been going for chemo every week and you haven't even done anything. Not to mention the constant attention from the press due to you. What are you even mad at anyway?" I shouted.

"Her, Blair, full stop! She's just a selfish bitch!" She screamed.

"Serena I can't do this anymore, you've became a person that I don't love." I started.

"Wait, Dan! What are you saying?" She said her  lip starting to tremble.

"I'm saying we are done, I don't want to be with you anymore." I said firmly.

"Dan, stop! We'll get through this!" She said panicking.

"Serena, I don't want to get through this only to be hurt again. We are done." I said to her.

"Don't be silly, this isn't funny." She said tears in her eyes.

"Ha, you think I'm being funny? Well, I'll show you!" I said walking through into the kitchen.

"Dan! What are you doing?" She shouted following me through, I walked over to the sink. I took of my ring.

"Dan! Don't!" Serena pleaded grabbing my arm, I shook her off and dropped my ring down the plug hole and watched as it disappeared. I then turned on the tap to make sure it went away down the pipes. Serena burst into tears, and all I can say is, I don't even care...