Chapter 57 - Funeral

- Chuck

"Chuck!" Shouted Serena stomping into the penthouse.

"We know your here." Nate echoed.

"Try the bedroom." Dan suggested. Well done Humphrey, your a genius. They opened the door to find me lying in bed staring at the wall.

"Chuck you need to get up, you know what today is." Serena said slowly stepping towards me, as if I was going to bite. I didn't even look at her.

"I don't need to be there." I said blankly.

"What? Chuck of course you do!" Said Serena kneeling infront of my face.

"It's not like it's going to bring her back." I growled picking up my glass of scotch on the bedside table and downing the remaining liquid. I could sense Serena looking at the five empty bottles sitting there.

"Chuck, that's not healthy at all." Said Serena, I finally turned to face her.

"Does it look like I care!" I shouted.

"Come on man." Said Nate stepping over. "Let's get you in a suit."

"God we are going to be so late." Dan said looking at his watch.

"Chuck it's what Blair would have wanted." Nate said.

"Is she getting buried?" I asked.

"Yes." Said Serena.

"And is there peonies?" I asked again.

"Lots." Dan answered.

"Then my job is done." I said and rolled over to an empty other half of the bed, where Blair would have lied. I couldn't do this, I couldn't go.

"Chuck, let's get you out of here." Serena said lifting the sheets.

"Don't touch the sheets!" I shouted at her, she dropped them instantly. "They smell of her."

"Chuck, they don't. Please just get up." Serena said sighing.

"Don't you want to say goodbye?" Nate asked.

"I never want to say goodbye, ever." I growled through gritted teeth.

"Fine, what about making your speech." Serena suggested.

"Could you all please just leave." I said rolling back over to face them.

"Chuck your not the only one who's hurting here." Serena said angrily.

"Really? Your hurting? Your the one who said she deserved this!" I snapped loosing all control of my anger, she hesitated.

"You know what, I don't have to listen to this." She said walking out of the room.

"Serena, wait up, you okay?" Dan said following her. I heard them step into the elevator and push the button.

"Chuck." Nate said offering a hand to help me up, I just stared blankly at it.

"Chuck." Nate said again.

"Fine, for Blair." I said getting up then falling down again, I was so unsteady. Nate walked over and pulled open the curtains. "Don't!" I shouted but it was too late. My head started to pound.

"Ow." I winged, I really was wasted.

"Come on." Nate said pulling me up. "Your going to need to be able to be in day light."

-

I came out of the funeral car at the church. I had been riding one with Nate. Serena, Dan, Eleanor, Cyrus, Harold, Roman, Dorota and Vanye were in the other one. I didn't want to sit with them, I just needed to prepare myself, not have a social gathering with Serena. Although, no preparing could ever get me ready for this.