Chapter 29 - Complete Ecstasy

- Blair

"So, what's happening." I said smiling.

"Well, I am going to go up first and your going to wait in the car until Arthur says you can leave, then you will find me" He said smirking.

"How am I supposed to find you?" I said confused.

"Trust me you will." He said laughing. The limo pulled up outside and he got out. I sat and laughed as he waved and then the windows went black so I couldn't see. It was chilly as it was November so I buttoned up my coat and put on my hat and scarf. It had been about 10 minutes when Arthur opened the door and gestured for me to get out. I hopped out of the limo looking around and saw a peonie lying at the front door. I walked over and picked it up and sniffed it, it smelled of his aftershave. I then walked in the door and looked around, there was a peonie lying on the desk so I walked over and picked it up.

"Excuse me are you Mrs Bass?" A women behind the desk asked.

"Yes." I said confused.

"Proceed." She said smiling and continuing with her work of charging tourists to go up the building. I just looked around again and found peonie after peonie leading me up the stairs and along corridors then up more stairs. Eventually they was a peonie lying at the door to go outside on to the balcony bit so I picked it up with the loads of others I held in my hand and went outside. The sun was so bright and there was little partitions making this little bit seperate from the tourist area. Fairy lights hung along the railings and a bouquet of peonies lay on the table next to candles. Slowly I wandered over to the table picking them up and smelling them, they smelled very strongly of Chuck. I walked over to the railing and looked over the city I called home, my favourite place on earth, I could see for miles and miles. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around slowly and Chuck was standing there smiling.

"Chuck!" I gasped falling into his arms and hugging him tightly, he stroked my hair with one hand as he held me with the other. "This is so beautiful." I said as he lifted me and sat me on the railing. I looked down and could barely see the ground, we were 381 metres in the air and I was dangling on the edge but my heart didn't even flinch cause I knew he had me.

"You okay?" He asked as if you make sure I wasn't petrified, I nodded as I was too happy I felt like I couldn't even produce words. He stroked down my arm and took the bouquet out my frail hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Your going to need both hands in a moment Waldorf but I have something to say first." He said.

"Go on." I nudged desperate to here.

"3 words, 8 letters, I love you." He said and I felt in heaven, complete ecstasy. He leaned in with one hand at my back and started to kiss me as I dangled of the edge of the building, with only his hand from stopping me from falling. I put my hands round his smooth neck and through my head back to let him graze my neck with soft sweet kisses. And even if there was a change of direction for the wind, or an earthquake that caused the great building to tumble, or his gentle hand just happened to slip, I knew I could never have died a happier girl...