Paris tour (1. The truth)

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. I knew that today was going to be a great day! I got out of bed and I found myself frantically searching for something good to wear. I got out a white dress with flowers all over it. Don't worry, it's not a formal dress. I smiled to myself as I fixed my hair. I was super excited to finally see the famous land marks here in Paris! And I am also hoping that I will get some answers about Cameron.
I walked to the cafe where we agreed to meet. It was a last minute detail that Holly texted me very late last night and I only read it this morning. I sat down on one of the cafe chairs and turned on my phone, I opened up my instagram and started scrolling through Holly's page. I haven't been on Instagram in ages. I saw photos of Holly and I, some of her art works, and just recently a photo of Holly and Cameron which she captioned as 'we have only just started our wonderful adventure.'
A tear fell down my face but before I could wipe it off, someone laid their hand on my shoulder. I looked at the hand and I immediately knew who it was. "Hey Nadia."
"Hey Cameron." I wiped of the tear which soon became a couple of tears.
"Why are you crying? Is that the photo of Holly and I that she posted on instagram?"
"Ummm yeah!"I tried to smile while quietly sniffling.
"Are you crying because of that?"
"What!? Noooo! I was crying because I have realised that we have been friends for so long and we've been through alot and shes always been saying to me before that she wishes to find the one... but now she has found him... I guess" I faked a smile again. That wasn't the truth. That was nowhere near the truth. But what else could I say? Start another conversation about ginger my dead cat?

"What's so sad about that?"
"Nothing... I'm just happy for her that's all."
He nodded as he sat down on the chair beside me. It was really... awkward. We literally sat there looking at each other then looking away every time we caught each other looking.
"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you something. Holly can't make it because she's not feeling well so she asked me to tour you around paris instead. And is it okay if we go again tomorrow because we won't be able to go around to every place in one day." Finally he spoke! Well at least it broke the silence.
"Yeah that's completely fine, I'm not busy anyways. And if you see Holly later on today tell her that I said to get better. I like it best when I or someone else tells them in person."
"Okay then! Let's get going?"
"Sure!"
The first place we went to was Notre-dame de Paris. I stood right in front of it. It was magnificent! All the details and the sky made it look amazing too! It looked like a postcard! I pulled out my phone and took some photos of it. As I was about to put my phone away Cameron offered to take a photo of me in front of the cathedral. I nodded and walked to a spot then smiled. It reminded me so much of when we were both in the Philippines. After walking around the place and learning some interesting facts about the place we started walking along a street.
"So where are we going next Cam?"
"Cam??" He replied quite confused.
"Oh sorry... It just slipped out of my mouth. Is that alright if i call you that?"
"Yeah. It's fine. It just sounded so familiar. Like someone from long ago called me that."
"What do you mean?"
He walked towards a bench and I just followed. I sat next to him as He started talking to me about what he meant.
"About 2 years ago I got hit by a car. My mum told me that I was in a coma for about a month. I couldn't remember anything when I woke up. My mum told me everything so that I could try to remember but I just couldn't. So I Decided to just live my life as it is.except there is one thing that she never told me. She never told me about my love life. I knew that I had a girlfriend but I never knew her name and I have no memories of being with her. The only thing i do remember was that she called me Cam. When I asked my mum who was my girlfriend she just gave me this letter and told me to find her by myself."
I was trying to hold back tears as I now know why Cameron Can't remember me and that he did receive the letter that I gave him because he was holding it in his hand. He continued to speak.
"It would've been easier to find her if she never scratched out her name at the bottom but I wanted to search for her and tell her that I'm okay. I searched all over Paris when suddenly I bumped into a girl a few days ago when I was sitting on a park bench. She said that she remembered me and she was also very curious when she saw me sitting on the bench everyday for a week. I showed her the letter and she said that it was her who gave it to me and she gave me a hug. And it turns out that the someone from long ago was Holly! She never called me Cam since then but I guess it was because I never reminded her."
I couldn't hold back the tears so I just cried.
"Hey why are you crying." He gave me a hug and rubbed my back.
"Your love story is just... beautiful." I lied again but i couldn't help it.
"Haha it's not that beautiful that it would make you cry. Since you can call me Cam, can I call you Nadz?"
I pulled back from the hug and nodded while trying to smile. Mixed emotions were running through me. Sadness, obviously. Joy, because he actually came to Paris just to look for me. But mostly anger because Holly lied. She is giving him the wrong information about Cam's past! I was trying to calm myself down and luckily Cameron stood up and held out his hand.
"Come on! Enough drama! We still have one more place to go to before we end todays tour!" I took his hand and he pulled me up. We continued to walk down the street. I looked down to my hand and saw that he was still holding it. I smiled to myself.

---------------
Sorry if it took me a long time to write this chapter. We were on holidays and I went completely blank on how to write the next part. Hope you enjoyed! Next chapter is coming soon!!