Ma and Pa

I went to bed drenching my pillow with tears. Maybe even enough tears to fill the ocean. I was thinking about everything that happened today. I'm blaming myself. It was all my fault! I should've gone instead of him and I shouldn't have let him go. I shouldn't have pushed him to buy those stupid fish balls!

I tried to calm myself down by saying that it wasn't my fault, but what can I do? IT WAS REALLY MY FAULT!

"Nadia are you alright?" My Auntie asked me.

"Yes i'm fine, umm I'm about to go to sleep." I replied. I never talk about my Auntie Lilly because we're not that close. She's like those women who try and communicate to people that shut them out. I always shut her out and I have my reasons. All these thoughts were still going through my head. At least Ma and Pa are coming.  Before i knew it my eyes started to shut and I fell asleep.

------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning with my eyes feeling really puffy. It felt so heavy! A few seconds later, as I lifted my head slowly starting to remember everything that happened last night I heard a loud shriek coming from downstairs. I ran down watching my steps as I was still half asleep. When I got there my heart sank. More thoughts were running through my head! Even more than last night! Auntie Lilly was crying and sobbing her heart out on the sofa.
"What's wrong auntie Lilly?"
"You know how your parents are flying here to the Philippines..."
"Yeah! Why? Are they already at the airport?"
"I'm sorry, they didn't make it..." she bursted into tears again. I didn't know what to think. One part of me didn't want to believe it but then another part was telling me that it was true. I cried. Everything that was currently happening started to sink in as I realised that everyone I loved was going away from me. Can my life get any worse!? I continued to cry for what seemed like forever.
___________________
Thanks for reading! I'll write the next bit in a few days.