It takes TWO to be a couple

Courtney and I walked to my school. Well, we mainly walked and talked. We still had a lot to catch up on. When we arrived, I saw Holly standing by the front gate. I decided to walk past her and ignore her but she grabbed my hand. I looked down at it and pulled it away. I continued to walk away but she grabbed it again.

"What do you want?" I said angrily. I couldn't stand talking to her right now. Maybe after a couple of weeks my heart will soften and I will learn to forgive her, but right now it's still full of anger and hate.

"Can I please talk to you? Alone?" I looked at Courtney and gave her a hug and told her to wait on the bench that Cameron always sat on. She soon walked away, which left me and Holly to talk to each other. I stood there waiting for her to say something.

"I see that Courtney came to Paris."

"Yes, she did. Luckily she came at a time when I needed her most." I tried to speak as calmly as possible.

She just nodded. "So, how are you?"

"Really? You wanted to talk to me privately just to know how I am?"

"I just want to see how you are. I'm just trying to look after you and make sure that you're okay. Like before, when we were-"

"Friends? Didn't I tell you that we are not friends anymore? I appreciate your concern but it is not needed. Courtney is here so I am fine now."

"Okay... I'll just get to the point. I wanted to say sorry for everything I did. I realise that what I did is wrong. But I can't stop the feeling that I have for Cameron. Please forgive me."

"No one is stopping you from having feelings for Cameron. I can't control you and make you stop. That's your choice, and I understand what you mean. But I cannot forgive you right this second. Yes, I can forgive and forget, but please, give me a couple of weeks to calm down after this issue."

"So, you can't forgive me? Why can't we just be friends again like before?"

"I have already told you. I just can't. I can't be friends with people that I can't trust. Why do you keep pushing it? We can just be casual towards each other after a while and that's as close as we can get."

"Because... Never mind!" she started to get angry, or more irritated because she wasn't getting what she wanted. She's like a brat. I don't mean it like I'm offending her. I just have no other way to explain it. She grew up with just enough money for her family to survive on but she got what she wanted from her parents. She always asked for reasonable things that they could afford. She continued to speak...

"Well if you don't want to be friends that's fine. You can just stay friendless the rest of your life!"

"Excuse me? I was your only friend before. Now you're saying that I'm friendless? Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?"

"No, I am not talking about myself. you know why? Because once your friends see how disrespectful you are to your father they wouldn't want to be friends with you. After all, who wants a friend with no respect?"

"What are you talking about?!"

She pulled out her phone and showed me a video of a girl screaming at a man.

"Does this look familiar?" she asked while putting the phone away.

"Where... where did you get that?" I started to stutter.

"It's on YouTube. 50,000 views so far and it was only uploaded yesterday. This person must be getting some good money. I can't wait to see you on the news."