BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!

I was waiting at the café that Cameron worked at in my white dress. I liked this dress a lot. It's my new favourite as the other dress held too many painful memories. Kids were excitedly running everywhere in front of the café. Wearing unique and different costumes. There was one kid that was wrapped in toilet paper. I chuckled to myself at the uniqueness of this child, he reminded me of my life in Australia before. I used to walk around every street begging them for candy dressed as a witch. And if the person ever said trick to me I would throw fake spiders at them and run away. I have always wondered the point of saying trick or treat when the kid is always asking for the treat. Even if the person at the door asks for a trick, it's not like a lot of kids will have a trick.

If you haven't already caught on to what I'm saying, I'll make it easy for you.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!

That's why I'm waiting in the Café for Cam to finish his shift and for Courtney to come over. I'm celebrating here. I like the place, it doesn't necessarily sell a proper dinner but it sells amazing food for a really decent price.

When Courtney finally arrived, she sat opposite me and Cam soon joined us. I asked for a small cappuccino and a croissant and they ordered the same as me. We all talked for eternity about nonsense until we started talking about our future.

"I'm going to be learning how the company works and I'm hoping that I will successfully take my father's position." Cameron stated.

"And can you believe it?! It's in America! He's going to travel the entire world soon!" I said excitedly. It's hard to pretend to be excited over something that hurts to say. I don't want him to go. I want him to stay. I want him to at least stay for my graduation, but I know that can't happen.

"That's Great news! When are you going?" Courtney asked

"In three days."

"Yeah and–" I turned to him in realisation and confusion. " In t-th-three days? You told me that you were leaving after a graduate." You could see that he felt guilty. I could see it in his eyes.

"Sorry. My parents wanted me to get to know the company as soon as possible. You know them. I'm really sorry that I'll miss your graduation too." He gave a me a reassuring hug and I returned the hug. We all sat there awkwardly for a couple of minutes when Cam's phone rang.

"Sorry I need to take this. It's mother." He stood up and walked out of the shop. Courtney watched him as he left and the second the door shut she banged her hands on the table loudly. Luckily it wasn't loud enough for Cameron to hear outside.

"He's leaving!?" she asked demandingly.

"I guess so."

"And you're okay with that?"

"Well, not really, but what can I do? I'm his girlfriend and I need to support him with whatever decision he makes. He would do the same for me."

"That's just it. he didn't make that decision, his parents did."

"So? He is willing to do it and he has my full support."

"I'm glad that you're a loyal girlfriend but have you thought of the possibilities?"

"As in the possibilities of him choosing work over me? Yes."

"No, not that, but now that you mention it that's one possibility. What I'm saying is that there are a lot of hot chick in America. I doubt that you will go to America to check on him anyways. You don't have enough money."

"I know I don't have enough money and I don't plan on stalking him. I trust him. and trust is a key in every relationship."

"Are you sure? Are you sure that you trust Cameron Garcia?"