Seeing Things

I walked to class, still having that anxious feeling of " I wonder how they are going to try and put me down this time.." It's been like this ever since I started school here in Paris. Last time, I left my ruler in class and when the next class came I saw all the so called "popular" boys playing around with it and getting it wet. My name was clearly labeled on it and when I asked for it they said "No it says Napooia!" Then they all crack up laughing. The only time they gave it back was when they saw the teacher enter the room. It had cracks and was nearly broken when I got it back. I literally cried when class was over. There are so many people out there who have no care or respect towards other people's property. I'm not rich and it is a privilege for me to get a scholarship here. I'm even struggling in buying supplies for art. Why can't they all appreciate that fact that they aren't like me, who has to find small jobs to support myself and my studies. I thought of many reasons why they bully me, such as, my looks, my background, my accent. There are so many possibilities and it's definitely putting me down. 

I've heard from my peers around the school that Holly is dating this guy, But I haven't confirmed it yet. I sat in my chair next to Holly and asked her "Is it true!? Are you actually dating someone!? Since when!?"

"I went on a date with him last night. He's a filipino like you and he is so charming!"
"What's his name?"
"I'll tell you after this class okay."
Soon our teacher came into the room and started writing on the board.

Assignment - due: in 1 week
Task: to sketch out the scariest scene that has happened to you in your entire life, using 1 coloured pencil
Materials: a range of grey lead pencils and 1 coloured pencil of you choice.

Our teacher finished writing on the board and started explaining the task. Immediately the first thing I thought of was seeing Cameron on the floor. And the one colour that I would use would be red, because it would represent the blood. I somehow found myself staring out the window, I guess I was thinking quite deeply about that night. The thought still haunts me every night and every day. It leaves me curious about what happened to him and if he's out of the coma. It's been 2 years though. Surely he's out of the coma. Or maybe he passed away and didn't make it. I dont know anymore.
I came back to reality once again as I saw that same man from yesterday outside the window. He was just sitting on the bench thinking deeply. Well at least that's what I think. I asked if I could be excused to go outside. As I exited the school building I ran to the man, afraid that I would lose the chance of seeing the man again. It was almost the exact same process as yesterday. He went into a crowd again but instead of blending in with it he stood out the most because he was walking within a wedding ceremony... I was like "what's wrong with this guy? You dont just walk through a wedding ceremony!" I then realised that it was making it easier for me to find him! I ran as fast as I could to chase after him, bumping into people giving out so many apologies but then he entered the male restroom! Once again I lost the man. I was walking back towards the school grounds with the expression of 'I'm a failure' on my face. Holly ran up to me and said "GUESS WHAT!!"

"What?..." I replied in a glum voice.

"Hey... what's wrong?"

"I lost sight of that man again. It's so annoying! I just want to see his face."

"Wait, why are you trying to chase this guy anyway?"

"Because he looked like my boyfriend from the philippines."

"Isn't he in a coma though?"

"Yes but what if he's out of the coma and he came here to look for me?"

"It's alright. By the way, I have good news! My new boyfriend and I are going out on a small dinner. He said that I can bring along my best friend so he can get to know my social life better."

"That's great! Do i get to know his name yet?"

"Not quite yet... I'll tell you tonight."

"Okay then. Do you promise?"

"Je promets" I loved it when she spoke french! It sounded amazing. "CHOPSTICKS!" she shouted while looking at her watch. 'chopsticks' is the expression she uses instead of swearing. "I'm sorry Nadia, I'd love to stay and chat more but I have to go and pick my outfit! Don't forget to come In your best dress."

"I won't! Bye see you tonight!"

______________________________________

sorry for the long wait. I wasn't sure how to start this chapter but after a few days I got some motivation and ideas on how to finish the rest of the book. thanks for reading this book! Please bare with me while I try to finish this book ASAP. So I can start writing my new book. :)