36. Harry Pt. II

He carried me into the bathroom, arms wrapped around me securely. I was sat on the toilet lid while he rummaged through the cupboard under the sink for some towels. He hummed softly as he moved, fingers picking over the towel assortment. I watched him intently, eyes catching his slightest movement.

"So, you like what you see?" His voice was husky and deep while his attention was still on the cupboard.

I hummed in response, smiling to myself.

I watched as his muscles constricted and then expanded as he bent down. I watched as his tongue poked out from the side of his mouth as he concentrated on grabbing the last towel that was in a small ball, crammed in the back corner. I watched as his lower lip pouted the longer he struggled to reach what he wanted. And then I got to watch his eyes light up when his fingers skimmed the material, glowing in delight as he plucked the towel and hauled it onto the counter.

He didn't even glance my way as he padded over to the bathtub and turned the faucet, allowing the stream of water to pour out the spout and begin to fill the tub. It was when he turned back around and leaned against the wall directly in front of me that he finally looked at me. His arms were crossed and folded against his chest and he had one knee bent with his foot propped up against the wall.

We stared.

That was all. His curls were in disarray, spiraling atop his head. The muscles in his arms were bulging from the way that they were folded. His chest rose and fell with his leveled breathing. His eyes were what stopped my wandering gaze dead in its tracks. They were my beloved evergreen with tiny flecks of gold that seemed to stand out and shine. There was an intensity that sent shivers up my spine just from the way he was looking at me.

I sat while he stood.

Time seemed to pass at an alarming rate because before I knew it, Harry was pushing himself up and off of the wall, strolling towards me. He lifted me up and placed me in the tub with ease before sliding in right behind me. The water dipped and rocked back and forth as we settled ourselves in. Bubbles surrounded us, enveloping our naked bodies. The water was warm, causing a shiver to rack my frame.

There wasn't any conversation exchanged between the two of us. I think it was better that way. This wasn't the time for talking. It was just a time where we could enjoy the other's company by merely being in their presence. It was calm and serene as we sat together.

I sat with my back leaning into his chest. My knees were pulled up with my arms wrapped around them. Harry's chin rested on my shoulder as his arms snaked around my waist. We sat like that for some time before he lifted his head from my shoulder and pulled his arms back. I heard some clatter as he reached around for the shampoo bottle.

Squirting some in the palm of his hand, he massaged the shampoo into my scalp. My eyes were closed as he worked the shampoo all over, washing it out once he was done. He did the same with the conditioner.

There was a pause as his hands moved to grip the soap bottle, but I stopped him before his fingers could wrap around it. I twisted in my spot to look at him. His eyebrows were knit together, his eyes were narrowed slightly, and his lips were set in a straight line. It was the look of confusion.

I shook my head vehemently, eyeing him warily. I tried to convey my message by looks only, but he only became more confused. I chewed on my bottom lip as I shook my head again. His hand retracted from where it was floating just on the outskirts of the bottle slowly.

I sighed in relief as his hands came back around my middle. He kissed my bare shoulder softly before resting his head on it again. I nuzzled into his neck as the time ticked by. For once, my thoughts were not bombarding my mind, attacking my brain, or sending me into a frazzled state. It was a time that relaxed my muscles and let me fall into a tranquil peace of mind.