Chapter 22

"Put me the fuck down right now!" I snarled as Rylie hoisted me over his shoulder and walked me to one of the parked cars.

"Aisling, stop moving!" Rylie grunted as I threw another kick to his spine.

"No, asshole! Put me down! HARRY!" I screeched as Rick and Mason walked him the other car parked right beside the one I was being forced into.

Doc stood between the two cars watching on with mixed emotions running wild across his features. He seemed to be torn. He looked uneasy, concerned, angry, and disappointed. What did he really expect when he decided to put Harry and I together? We were like two colliding natural disasters sure to ruin and destroy everything in their path.

"Harry!" My voice cracked as tears began to well in my eyes. It seemed like this boy somehow managed to make me cry than I ever had before in my life.

"Doc, please!" I pleaded. My throat was constricting as I began to panic.

This was all my fault.

Curiosity killed the cat.

I had been told that ever since I was toddler. If something fascinated me, I would go to the end of the Earth to know more about it. I would come back with scrapes and bruises sprinkling my skin, but a toothy grin that expressed how proud I was to find out whatever it was I was searching for.

I went in Dr. Scott's vault in search of Harry's file, fully aware of the consequences if I were to get caught, but I went through with it anyway out of pure curiosity.

But I wasn't the only one that had to face the doom that waited at the end of it all. I always dragged someone down with me. First it was Pandora, now it was Harry. I hauled Pandora around with me, not doubt rubbing my evil vibes all over, making her feel like a lesser person to the point where she killed herself. She felt like she was the shadow that stood behind me, while in reality, she was the light that shone in front of me.

Now Harry is here, and this will be the second time that I have gotten him sent to Sister Elizabeth's office. With both, he was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. But because he was in my presence, the consequences that he had to face were far worse than they should be.

"Doc, stop! Please!" I wailed, pushing against the car as Rylie tried to shove me in the door. Harry was also fighting off Rick and Mason, but he wasn't going to last as long as I was going to.

"DOC!" Shrill and scratchy, I caught Doc's attention. His empty eyes searched mine. The internal struggle that he was going through a minute ago had vanished, leaving him blank and emotionless. My eyes widened as I chocked back the sobs that were threatening to burst through.

"Do whatever you need to. I'm going to the pub." His voice was flat and almost as vacant as his eyes. His gaze never strayed from mine, but I knew it was a lost cause.

Once again, Doc let me down. He seemed to have been making a habit of that lately.

My lips parted in an 'o' of horror as his words sank in.

It wasn't just that he would not step in to help, it was that he didn't care what happened to me. Doc. My knight in shining armor that was my rock that stood beside me every minute that I screamed, cried, and laughed, was going to get wasted, leaving me to my own torture.

"DOC, YOU'RE A COWARD JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR ME! I TRUSTED YOU, DOC!" I screeched, tears making their gradual fall down my cheeks.

Everything went silent as we waited for Doc's response.

Rylie stopped trying to shove me in the car, and so did Rick and Mason. Sister Elizabeth stood on the side, beaming at the scene before her. She always knew how to make a brawl break out by merely gracing people with her company. All she had to do was show up, and past memories would be brought out, bringing some people to tears and