Love you goodbye

"Aubrey?" Harry walked in Aubrey's almost empty room. It was midnight. It was her last night there. His voice carried his uncertainty.

Two weeks had come and gone in the blink of an eye. He tried to be home every moment of it. And every moment was worth seeing the laughs, smiles that came from her and his children. Aubrey was right he was missing a lot by being at work. And he had thought he was trying to spend time with them but it wasn't enough. Time can't be bought and it's not given. He's learned that these last two weeks.

"Yes?" She looked in his direction. It seemed like she too couldn't sleep. Fully aware of her surroundings.

Harry was standing outside her doorway. Unsure if he wanted or could step inside. This time he had nothing to lose by stepping inside these four walls but he wanted to be invited in. He had to feel like she wanted him there. To feel welcomed.

This time he wouldn't push. It might be midnight but his mind aware of the current situation. He's aware of what he's trying to do. It's his last chance to get his point across. One last night.

"Would you call me crazy if I trespass again? I can't sleep and I know it's because I didn't give this one last shot." He stepped in the dorway.

Aubrey didn't say anything. There was hesitancy on her part. Harry couldn't say he disagreed with her because he was unsure too. Finally, she gestured for him to sit on the edge of her bed. Harry smiled like a child entering her room. He closed the door behind him. Aubrey watched sitting up on the bed. It didn't surprise her like it should've.

Aubrey laid back down. Her heart pounding against her chest. This was what they were waiting for. She knew what was to come and she wouldn't play stupid.

A few words exchanged before the love you goodbye. Or maybe they'd stay silent and agree to lay with each other. Have intimacy which they've craved since she walked into that office over a year ago.

It was wrong to want it to happen but then she was sure that she wouldn't regret it tomorrow morning. Her mind would be clear and free of this notion. The answers there. This would be a night when they could love each other without regret. Could it be called love?

Silence dominated as they took each other in. Trying to read each other as they had plenty of times before. It was sometimes so hard to do but tonight they could read each other perfectly. They knew what each one was thinking. No words said. Their bodies radiating warm heat.

"I'm afraid," Harry whispered as he was leaning over her. The silence broken. He ran his fingers through her hair concentrating on the ends. His finger tips intertwining with the strands of hair.

"I know you'll be gone before I wake. Even if you're making them breakfast for the last time, I'll know you've chosen to leave. But I'm afraid to regret not doing this here. Not having this moment. I'm horrible to come between two people but I had to give it a try. Both ways I lose, don't I?" He couldn't even smile at the thought of ending it all here tonight.

"We both have so much to lose. It's heartbreak for one of us or maybe both of us. Realization of a whole different world. This moment will open our eyes to see what our heart wants. The heart wants what it wants. We'll figure out what we couldn't or didn't dare say." Aubrey traced his face. She was being bold.

Both of them looking, staring at each other. They tried to convey something that couldn't be said. They both understood, it didn't need to be said. It was clear that they both had unsteady breaths with quickened heart beats to match.

"Kiss me," Aubrey begged.

She didn't dare to think of Ashton. Aubrey was going to do this tonight and tomorrow lose someone more. No matter what Ashton said beforehand about having her goodbyes without regret—at peace with herself. They both knew it would come to this. They talked about it but it didn't make her feel any better. Aubrey would let her guilt take over tomorrow. Not tonight.

Harry hastily kissed Aubrey. She clung to him by wrapping her arms around his neck. He leaned down and carried her towards him by the waist. None of them pulling apart. It was passionately sloppy. They were giving in to what their bodies wanted after all this time.

There was nothing pretty about lust. It was messy, needy, wonderful, hot and passionate. You could see how they clung to each other. How they didn't want to let go. They grasped for sweet air but their life seemed to depend on their kisses.

Clothes came off in the rush of it all. Almost torn apart in frustration. Their hands fumbling in nerves and desire. It was like the first time when you're not quite sure what to do. Your mind rushes you through a series of things you should be doing. You're too taken to make sense of it all.

Aubrey let Harry lay her down. Let Harry take control of the pleasure he'd induce. He pressed himself into her. She whimpered in pleasure. Trying to keep her eyes open to take in the sight of Harry on her. She could only catch glimpses of Harry's determined face. His jaw clenched in pleasure. His face structure somehow more defined. Fine lines appeared in his forehead holding in his grunts and moans.

She held on to him. He held her as tightly as he could. Every thrust was conveying want and need. Each one building up to the sweet orgasm that sex brings. Their bodies getting to know each other, to feel one another. It was the intimacy of two people feeling like teenagers.

Words slipped their mouths with each nearing their high. And when it came they both didn't say a thing. Both too tired to say anything. They let their bodies do the talking for them. Their bodies shivering, quivering in the pleasantries of an orgasm.

Harry fell asleep with his arm around her. She slipped out of the bed going to her bathroom. She looked in the mirror. She had her answers and he had his. Nothing she wasn't expecting already.

Now it was time to wash away the residue of that passion. Aubrey didn't regret it and she's sure Harry wouldn't either. It was just hard realizing you were right all along. She had to wait until the morning sun to come up for her to face the man she loved.

How could she face him? He was right all along. What would she say? She wasn't sure but seeing his face would be enough for her to find the words. After all he won her heart.

{a/n}
January 3, 2016

And I thought this would be the last chapter but nah. I think I need to finish it right 😪

Thoughts?

Vote, comment, share