One More Night

"Are you sure you want to stay the night?" Ashton was unsure if it was just Aubrey's impulsive side saying yes. He wanted her to be comfortable with him a hundred percent. Last night she just was too tired to wake up. Not like he would've thrown her out anyway. It was nice to have her over.

Now, she was conscious and it surprised him that she was okay with staying one more night. He only asked her in a friendly banter. Okay, he was more than flirting at that moment but he didn't expect her to say yes. Sleeping over was like taking a next step in their relationship.

It felt like yesterday he and Harry had a discussion about Aubrey. Sure, it got a little heated but by the end they sort of agreed that she would be the one making a decision. That she would let them know who her heart chose. It was unclear if they would stop fighting for her or not. Right now, he wasn't wasting any time.

Ashton didn't tell her anything about that night. Nanny just assumed they had just watched the soccer game all along. That's what they were doing when she and Selena saw them. He didn't say anything because he wasn't sure how that conversation took place to begin with.

"Yes, is that okay? One more night isn't going to hurt. You did ask." Aubrey was starting to blush slowly turning red. Sure, Ashton said it in a teasing way but she thought he meant it.

"I do mean it. It's just...I wasn't expecting you to say yes. Last night you just fell asleep. I didn't think that you were okay. Okay, I'm going to shut up." Ashton was getting flustered. He probably came off as an ass who didn't want her there.

"It was an accident but it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't comfortable with being with you. Now, if you don't want me here, then lets forget I said yes. Lets pretend that I never answered. You can take me home." Her ears were red hot and maybe her face too.

"No, stay. I'm sorry for being an idiot," he said smiling at Aubrey. "You're blushing," he giggled.

"Shut up," Aubrey grumbled. She turned around instinctively not wanting to face him. Ashton stood up and hugged her. Swung her around in his arms like he would a child.

"Ashton!" she screamed. Aubrey couldn't help but start shrieking and laughing happily.

They were both laughing. It was just a contagious glee when they were together. It didn't take long for Aubrey to start goofing around as well. It was midday and they couldn't help themselves from being within reach. Touching even in the smallest of ways.

Aubrey made sure to enjoy every moment that she had with him. This was a rare weekend that she had to herself. It was a weekend off all thanks to Selena. She knew well that if it wasn't for Selena then she'd be at home or somewhere with the children. Aubrey would have to thank her whenever they see each other.

It has been a while since Thanksgiving. They were only less than two weeks from Christmas. Thanksgiving was the last time she saw Selena. The last time since Ashton was there to visit her for a prolonged period of time. There was so much that Aubrey wanted to say to Selena. That conversation opened her eyes on a few things that she denied but also helped her let go.

"Want to go out or do you want to order in? We can be lazy all day or something." Ashton suggested something that was so enticing. It felt like nanny was always on the job.

"It sounds like my kind of Sunday. That's perfect." Aubrey grinned. For once she was being Aubrey and not Nanny. It was so long since she cared for this individual.

"Good because that's what I do most Sundays. Everyday is busy and Sundays are me days." Ashton went to the kitchen to look for the takeout menus.

Aubrey took a good look at her surroundings. It was a simple place that Ashton kept somewhat tidy. Aubrey smiled seeing some photographs of him as a child with his family. Not much changed about him. His features were more defined and he certainly took care of his body. He looked genuinely happy but slowly Ashton was telling her about his struggles as a child.

In return, Aubrey told him about her insecurities and her life at home. How her family made her too self-conscious and how she was still overcoming it some days. They both agreed that their families were far from perfect. They still loved them but there were days that it was hard to.

"Those are my less embarrassing pictures. Beware," he joked.

"I'm sure there is," she teased.

They sat down to look at the menus. Both agreeing on what they wanted. It was long time before they made a decision. In the end, they had to go out to pick up their order. Neither of them minding the short walking distance from Ashton's apartment.

"This is your fault." He teased her.

"Well, it's your fault. You could've been a gentleman and came by yourself." Aubrey wouldn't let him come by himself. Even in this cold weather. It seemed like a good idea at the time to come walking but they are regretting it.

"Can we just run there? I rather run now then have to freeze another second." There was nothing safe about it but it felt like these moments with Ashton were made to act on such whims.

Ashton held her hand and pulled her. Her feet began to pace faster, trying to keep up with Ashton's long strides. There was no doubt that he would be pulling her up from the ground at any moment. Both of them laughing like teenagers.

When was the last time they felt like this? She couldn't remember but today was one day that she doesn't want to forget. It felt like a movie scene in her mind. Too perfect that she knew that she was ready to take things a step further.

Luckily, she made it to the restaurant in one piece. Only, stumbling along the last steps. He hugged her inside the restaurant trying to warm up against each other. Aubrey smiled, there was nothing that she would change now.

Aubrey knew tonight would be a change in their relationship. She would tell Ashton she was ready to be intimate with him. And, if words failed her, then her actions surely would be clear.

"Warm?" He asked.

"Only when you're near."

"And I'm the cheesy one?" He grinned. It was easy to tease her, make her blush, make her smile. There was no better feeling then having the one you love in your arms. Cuddling against you.

"I learned from the best." She kissed him.

"Can I help you?" Just like that their perfect little bubble was interrupted. They would have more time to continue this in a bit. It only was a seven minute walk to their enclosed world. With no interruptions.

November 26, 2016

Triple update! What's up with me?

Anyways, I think that this story will be coming to an end before the year is over. If I have the time to write like today. Thoughts on what's going to happen?

Ashton and Aubrey?

Harry and nanny?

vote, comment, share