9

As usual, as the train started moving and the dragon slayer's motion sickness set in. Natsu laid his head on Gray's lap, and Laxus laid his head on Lucy's lap. Once the two fell asleep, Gray spoke up. "Lucy, can I get your help with something?" Gray sighed. "What's up?" Lucy asked, but didn't take her eyes of the slightly snoring dragon slayer on her lap. "I need you to help me pick out a ring. I want to propose to Natsu." He smiled down at the sleeping male on his own lap. "Awww!~" The blonde squealed.
   "So, how about when we get to Oak Town, we go get the rings. We can let the boys go catch the criminals, and hopefully they don't kill each other." Lucy suggested. "Yeah." Gray chuckled before it went silent.
   The train ride lasted only a few more hours before they arrived for Oak Town. The group filed out of the train and checked into a hotel for the day. "Let's go check in with the mayor." Natsu smiled and led them to the Town Hall. They quickly found out that the criminals only attack stores Wednesday. It is now Thursday.
   "Do you all want to just stay here till next Wednesday?" Gray asked. "Sure." Lucy shrugged. "Well, Lucy and I have something to do." The raven haired male continued, and kissed Natsu on the cheek before walking off. "Bye!~" Lucy smiled and kissed Laxus's cheek, then ran off.
   "Okay, what type of ring do you want?" Lucy asked. "Well, I'm kind of glad we're early. I need a ring specially made. Guildarts knows I've been wanting to propose, so he gave me this." He pulled out a piece of ice, a small flame inside. "It's a type of ice that never melts. It's called the sempiterno ice. It means everlasting." He continued. "I know just the place." The blonde smiled and took Gray's hand and led him to a small shop a few minutes away.
   "Heeey Lucy!~" A black haired female smiled. "Hey Shike!" Lucy smiled. "I haven't seen you in so long! How have you been?" Shike asked. "I'm good. This is Gray. He wants a ring custom made, and you are the only person I know that can make a ring in an hour at a cheap price." The blonde smiled. "You know it!" Shike giggled.
   "What ring are you looking for?" Shike grabbed a notepad. "A size 8 rose gold band, with the sempiterno ice instead of a diamond." Gray rambled, and held the ice out. "Alright! The ring will be ready in an hour or two." She smiled and grabbed the ice, then walked back to make the ring.
   After 2 hours, Shike walked back out. "Here you go. You like it?" Shike held the ring out. It looked exactly how her described. "I love it." Gray smiled. "Good. Is there anything else I can do for you two?" She asked. "Actually, yes. I need a necklace. Black chain, gold lightning bolt." Lucy said. "Easy. Give me half an hour." Shike rushed to the back.
   After about 35 minutes, Shike came Back holding a necklace with a black metal chain, and a solid gold lightning bolt. "Thanks Shike, how much?" Lucy asked. "On the house." She smiled. "Alright." Lucy shrugged and they walked back to the hotel.