25

"Nika, would you be up for babysitting Rakū sometimes?" Laxus asked as he watched Nika with his son. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind. I've dealt with some kids in my life." Nika smiled. Rakū smiled. "Come on, buddy boy. Let's see what mommy is up to" Laxus picked Rakū up and walked into the kitchen.
   "Hello mommy." Laxus smiled. "Hello my lovely fiancé and child." Lucy pulled Rakū into her arms. "Take these to our guests." She referenced to the cups. Laxus nodded and gathered the cups of water, and took them to their friends. "Hey little boy, want somethin' to drink too?" Lucy smiled and began making a bottle.
   After a few hours of meeting the new child, the group left, leaving the new mother and father alone. Rakū let out a small yawn. "Ready for bed, big boy?" Laxus chuckled, and walked into the nursery. After sitting in the chair, he began walking back and forth. He began softly singing.
'I know one of these days bad habits will kill me
That sooner or later we all must pay our debts
No one is immune to the maker no matter
How sorry
No matter how safe
No matter how lucky you are
The landlord needs the rent
But as I lay in my hospital bed
There's not a moment that I regret'
   "You're a great dad, and she's only been here a few weeks." Lucy smiled as she leaned on the doorway. "I try." Laxus smiled. Rakū had fallen asleep. He walked to the crib, and laid him down softly. With a pull of the blanket, Laxus began walking away. "You'll continue to be a great dad. Don't worry." She kissed his cheek. He smiled and walked into their bedroom, finally able to sleep soundly. Lucy followed suit.
•~•6 years later•~•
   Laxus slipped out of bed, careful to not wale the sleeping blonde. "Hey, Raaakū." Laxus cooed as he walked into his son's bedroom. "Dad?" Rakū's high voice echoed through the room. "Guess what today is." The father continued. "Mommy's birthday!" He cheered. "Mhm!" Laxus hummed in response.
   The two boys snuck into the kitchen and began making a cake. Icing and batter covered the two. "Let's go surprise Mommy." Laxus smiled, and held the cake on a tray. "Okay!" Rakū chuckled and ran up the stairs, his father followed.
   "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Mommy! Happy birthday to you!" Rakū and Laxus sang. Lucy smiled as she rose from her sleeping form. "Awh, look at my boys!" Lucy smiled. "Happy birthday, Mommy!" Rakū hopped onto the bed. "Happy birthday, honey." Laxus set the cake down, and kissed her cheek.