13

"Lucy, are you doing okay?" Gray asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." Lucy lied. "Alright." Gray sighed and changed his view to the passing trees outside the window.
They arrived back in Magnolia after a few hours. "Can we just go back home?" Lucy asked. "Yeah." Laxus nodded. "Bye guys." Gray waved. "Bye." Lucy smiled and the couple walked back to their home.
   Laxus laid awake as Lucy slept atop his chest. She began whimpering, and tears began falling down her face. Laxus sat up abruptly, and began trying to wake her up. "Blondie." He cooed. Lucy's eyes fluttered open. "Laxus." Lucy whispered, and clung onto him.
   "It was a nightmare...." Lucy whispered, tears still falling. "Tell me about it." Laxus rubbed her back soothingly. "He-He showed me this vision...that you left me....and you called me a weak brat, and a bitch. I keep picturing it..and it won't stop..." She explained. "Baby....I'm not going to leave you....ever." He smiled, and kissed her head.
   "I think I'm going to get something to eat." Lucy mumbled, and walked downstairs. She went into the kitchen and pulled out a strawberry cake. She cut a slice and sat down on the couch, then turned the TV lacrima on. After flipping through a few channels, she found a movie and ate her cake.
~•~Following Day~•~
   "Lucy!" Erza called as she came to the front door. "Yeah?" Lucy opened the door, and smiled. "I need to go shopping. I'm going on a date tonight." The red head smiled. "Let me get dressed and tell Laxus." The blonde smiled and welcomed Erza in.
   "Hello Laxus." Erza smiled and sat on the opposite side of the couch of Laxus. "Hey." Laxus grunted. "Lucy is coming out with me today, alright?" She asked. "Okay. Just listen to me." His voice grew serious. "Some thing happened on the mission that's made her jumpy and cautious. So protect her while she's out. I'll be able to tell if she gets hurt." He explained. "You can trust me." She nodded. "I'm ready!~" Lucy skipped down the stairs in black leggings, a mid-thigh length gray sweater. She also had a black purse with her keys and whip, and knee high black boots. Her hair was down, and a small portion of her bangs were braided back.
   "Sooooo, who's the lucky guuuuuyyyyyy?" Lucy nudged the red head's arm. "It's Jellal. They let him out of jail, since they finally understood that he was under a trance." Erza blushed. "Oooooo!" The blonde cooed. "S-Shut up!" The red head stuttered out.
   The two went into multiple shops, but finally found all Erza needed. "Here try this on." Lucy handed Erza a midnight purple, floor-length strapless dress, and a pair of black heels. Erza nodded and went into the dressing room.
   Lucy walked towards the jewelry then quickly turned. She glanced around the room, feeling like someone was watching her. "Lucy?" Erza called out. "Coming!" The blonde called and ran towards her. "Cute." She chimed. "Then it's settled. This is my dress." Erza smiled and went to change.
   The pair paid for Erza's things, and went to a small café. "So, how are you and Laxus doing?" Erza asked as she bit into her strawberry cheesecake. "Good. He's a bit more protective now, but not too clingy. He probably let me come without him, since he knows you can protect me." Lucy giggled a bit. "Why is he protective all of a sudden?" The strawberry cheesecake loving mage asked. "Well, one, because I'm now his mate. And two, on our mission, I was taken, and forced to love another man." The blonde shuddered at the memory.
   After an hour or two of chatting, they went to Erza's place. "He said he'd be here around 8:30." Erza said. "Well, It's 8:05 now so let's hurry up." Lucy smiled. The red head's hair was braided, and put into a bun, and her makeup was a purple smokey eye and black lipstick. "I would totally bang you." The blonde teased. Erza blushed and looked at the time. 8:28. Just in time.