Chapter 2

Jake's eyes looked tired, but not his body. He went on driving 'till around seven o'clock in the morning. I guess that's the time he realised he's hungry and that he can't do anything while he's hungry. This was actualy such a good thing, knowing that my stomach was just about to rumble.
Jake pulled in at the first place he saw: a little café with  a coffee mug picture as a logo.
"So," he turned to us, "who's hungry?"
"Who's not?" Brian asked him.
We all got out and walked into the empty café. We got a table at the back and a watress came emediatly to give us the menu.
"Thank you," I told her with a smile which she returned, "pleasure."
"Would you look at this menu?" Sophie said as the waitress walked away. "Reminds me so much of my Momma."
I looked down and infact it did: everything homemade, but still healthy,with the exception of pancakes with alot of  maple syrup on top. Yum!
"It sure does," I told her.
Jake looked at me curiously. He had never met my parents, because I didn't want to go back to that awful place some of us actualy called home. But, hopefully one day I'll have the guts and be strong enough too. I really do miss my Momma. Nobody can ever give a better hug than  one's mom can. Or cook as good as my mom.
"Uhm," Brian said, "how 'bout an English breakfast with some coffee?"
Everyone nodded yes, except for me.
"I want pancakes," I told them, "aint nothing better than something sweet in the morning."
"Yuck," Sophie pulled a face, "I seriously don't know how you can be a sweettooth."
"The same way you can't."
The waitress came over to take our order and Jake gave it to her.
"I'll be right back," she told him and walked off.
"Okay Baby," Jake looked at me, "tell me something."
"Yeah?"
"What's the one thing that would make you leave me?"
He didn't mean he want me to leave him. I think he was just curious. I know he's not lying when he tells me he loves me. "Uhm," I thought for a bit, "there's actualy two things I can't stand. The one, is a cheater."
"And the other?"
The waitress came with our food and we thanked her before she walked off again.
"The other is a low life who abuses woman," I told him finally, "I won't stand for that and be a victim. If a guy juat hits me one time, I'll leave."
"Oh thank goodness I'm not one of those. I'll never cheat on you or hit you. I love you way too much for that."
"You better not," Sophie then told him, "mess with my sister and you mess with me." "Yes maham," he lifted his hand to his forhead and back down again, like they do on the army.
"Okay", Brian said, "enough of that. Rather tell me where we're going from here."
"Well," Jake told him, "I'm sorry but we're going no where. I found the one I love and our relationship must end. We can't even have one night stands anymore."
"Oh no," Brian played with, "you broke my precious little heart. You're such an..." he fake sniffed, "ashole! Leaving me for her," he pointed at me and we all started laughing at their goofyness.  
"No seriously now. Where are we going?" Sophie asked.
"To the beach," I told her and her eyes lit up.

We drove so far out, the nearest beach was an hour's ride back. After we ate we were all energised for the ride, aspecially me.
"Got a ticket for the long way ride," I sang, "two bottles wiskey for the wayy."
"And I sure would like some sweet company," Sophie fell in and then we all sang together: "And I'm leavin' tommorow, what do you say?" 
I giggled at how terrible I  sounded, but didn't care. Hay, at least Jake could sing good enough for the both of us. Like,when we first started dating he used to grab a guitar and make up songs about my eyes or hair or something like that. He didn't give me roses to be romantic he sang to me while I ate chocolates. And I apreciate him so much for that.
We stopped at the beach and we went to the bathroom to get changed. I packed in a white bikini to make my tanned skin stand out. And Sophie wore a baby blue bikini that made her look very feminin and beautiful. Sophie and I are like two oposites, she have a very light skin with dark hair and smaller eyes, while I have tanned skin with light brown hair and big eyes.
When we walked finally walked out of the bathroom, Brian and Jake were already in the water, surfing. I haven't even realised he packed in the surfboards. Oh well.
We layed down our towels and got ready to bake a bit in the sun with books infront of us, like always. The book I was busy with went about a sad girl who cut herself, because she felt dead and that made her feel alive for a while. 
I looked up to take a quick  peek at my man and wow did I like what I saw... He have one of those real manly bodies with just enough abs to make me melt. His hair flew through the wind as he surfed. He then looked in my direction and smirked at me, making me blush. I went back to my book to look away.
"Babe," I heard him say a while later, "I love it when you blush like that."
I bit my lip, "I did not.."
"It's okay. I like what I see too. Wow, babe you should really cover yourself before I lose you to another man."
"You won't."
"On that note," he pulled me to my feet and kissed me hungrily.
"Can I ask you something," he wispered in my ear.
"Anything," I told him.