Chapter 15

"Okay everybody, start decorating!" My mother told us. The tree already had the lights on, so we just needed to put on the rest. Everybody grabbed ornaments and put it on the tree. Decorating the tree together has became a tradition in our family, so we do it every year. Not with the whole family though, just us five and now with our partners. It would be too many people if everybody had to take part in it. And anyway, Christmas are always held at our home, so I think we could at least do that alone. Some of us almost triped over each other's feet, but we just laughed it off. There was Christmas music playing in the background and we sang with everytime we recognized the song. The tree was almost done when my mom came back with another box.
"Take the ornament with your name on and put it on the tree," she said and looked at Jake. "We made one for you, too."
My ornaments was pink and on it were my name written in bold letters. I looked over at Jake and saw his was then same, only dark blue. We put ours on the tree, close to each other's and I smiled up at him.
"All done, Ma," Theo told my mom.
"It looks beautiful. Thanks you guys."

We were sitting in the living room, all the kids on the matresses and the older cousins on the couches. The first movie was an animation movie, put on for the children. When it was done, we could choose the next one. "Can I choose?" I asked and got up to put on another movie.
"Just not a stupid girly one," Theo told me.
"Of course not," I joked and put on 'About Time'.
"Ah damn," Sophie said (who joined us this morning), "you've watched this movie like a thousand times already." I rolled my eyes at her, "deal with it."
I went and sat down next to Jake again and snuggled into him, with his arm around me. I loved this movie so much, I was actually addicted to it. I don't quite know why though, it's just a beautiful movie, there's not even really something huge happening in it. The song: how long will I love you came up when I saw most of the kids are already sleeping.
"Hey Allison?" I looked up at Jake.
"Yeah?"
"How long will you love me?"
I chuckled, "Forever, baby."
He kissed my forehead when I said that. "Promise?," he asked me with puppydog eyes, which melted my heart.
"Promise. And you, how long will you love me?"
"As long as he has to," Charlie interrupted, "Can we watch the stupid movie now?"
"Your face is stupid. This movie is beautiful, you should take some tips."
"I would, if I could've travelled in time, idiot."
"Okay now," Jake held up his hands, "no need to go off on her like that, bro. She just said something."
Charlie laughed, "Oh how cute. He stood up for her. Just wait until you've lived longer with her, then you'll understand."
"Okay, now you're out of line. I don't really wanna fight, so just stay out of your sister's way."
"Sure thing, that won't be hard. Knowing I only see her every four years."
After that, we just ignored each other and watched the movie. Charlie and I has never gotten along. It just always felt like he hated me, so we just faught every time we got the chance to. But, I had Sophie as my best friend and so, I never cared much. When the movie ended, Jake whispered into my ear: "As long as I can."