Chapter 8

"Well then, I'm exhausted," Sasha said as we sat down to get milkshakes.
Sasha came over the morning and insisted we should have a girls' day. That being said, Jake wasn't aloud to come with. We went to the mall and only went into baby stores. This was because the only stores Sasha could see, was baby stores. We never even got to doing manicures or even getting our hair done. By the time we were finally done shopping, we had six bags full of pink clothes for the little one. Now, we were buying milkshakes and Sasha can't stop complaining.
"Seriously," she said, "never again will I go shopping again. I swear, next time I'm sending the men."
"Yeah, you do that. Because, I sure as hell ain't going into another baby store."
"Oh, come on. One day you'll be expecting too."
"Yeah well, not today."
When we finished off our milkshakes, I stood up and went to pay.
"Hey there," the guy at the counter greeted me.
"Hey," I gave him my card, so I could just get out of there.
He gave it back after swiping it and gave me a receipt.
Sasha met me at the door and we walked out. As I was looking at the amount on the receipt, I saw a phone number written down and underneath: call me.xoxo
-Zack.
Sasha took it from me and dialled in the number on her phone.
"Hi there," she said after a few rings. I couldn't hear what he said on the other side.
"A movie and a dinner, aww...You make my day, honey...No, seriously you're so cute I could just kiss you...Okay, enough. Like, eww. Have you seen my hot ass? Yeah, you're not worthy of it. Never will be. And just so you know, I have a super strong husband. So, you better sleep with one eye open." She ended the call.
"Idiots," she said and rolled her eyes. And then, right in front of me, I saw it: a bookstore.

The bookstore had everything. I walked straight past the classics. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm against classics. It's just that, some books today are just so much better. I kind of felt like reading a good ol' vampire book, so I got one. I also got romance books and teen fiction (high school love is always so cute). When I was done, I walked up to the counter and payed for the books. Buying books has become a hobby of mine, since I was fifteen. I remember, when I was like nine years old, I didn't ask for something like dolls for Christmas, I asked for books. My mom bought me a lot of Disney books and when I was older, Harry Potter. I tried online reading, but never really liked it, I love holding a book in my hands and getting to smell the pages.
"Would that be all?" the lady at the counter asked me.
"Yes, I think so."
"Okay, thank you and enjoy your day."
"You too, bye."
"You all done now?" Sasha asked me as I walked toward her.
"Yup, we can go now."

The car ride was short, we went back to her home first. There, she dropped off all her shopping bags and then we went to pick up Shaun. He actually looked very decent, with a suit and tie on. He's a lawyer and worked for a well known firm. I didn't expect this, because of where they live. But hey, who am I to judge? Look how far I've come and I didn't grow up in the best place either.
Anyway, we then drove to Jake's.
When we got there, I ran up to him and hugged him tight. This is a thing we do every time we didn't see each other through the day.
"Hey baby," Jake kissed me on my head, "how was your day?"
"Well, I bought books. And you?"
He chuckled, "you and books. My day was kind of borring without you."
"Oh you guys are too cute!" Sasha squeeled and we broke apart.
"Wanna come in?" Jake then asked them, "we've got some dinner ready."
When he said dinner, I couldn't believe it. I looked at my watch and saw it was already six p.m. How couldn't I have noticed how late it was already?
"Why do you think we're here?" Sasha asked and walked past us. We followed behind her and went to sit down in the living room.
"So," I asked Jake, "what are we having tonight?"
"Pizza." He switched on the television and put it on a sports channel, basketball was on. I didn't really like basketball, but I tried.
Jake opened up the pizzabox and we all just took if we wanted another slice. After a while, we were all yelling at the tv and applauding if the right team got the ball through the hoop. I loved just sitting there and chilling. And, in the end, Sasha and Shaun made it all actually a bit better. I could see why Jake chose Sasha to be his friend.