Chapter 7

On Sunday, I asked Jake if we could go to church. His parents still wasn't back and I started feeling bad. What did I do to keep them away from their own home? I get they don't like me, but they haven't seen Jake in so long, why stay away from their own son?
I got dressed in a cool summer's dress and put on heels. I straightened my hair and put on light make-up. When I went to tell Jake I was ready, he didn't look dressed. He wore jeans and a neat shirt.
"Jake," I told him, "why aren't you dressed yet?"
He turned to look at me from the television. "What? I am dressed."
"You're not going to church with me, looking like a teenager."
"Babe, that's unfair. I don't go to church in a suit-and-tie, so what? It's not like the people care about what I wear."
"But I care, go get dressed. Now."
He putted his hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay. I'll be right back."

When we finally made it to church, we were late and had to sit at the back. Jake had on a blue button-up shirt with neat black pants and a black tie. I love seeing him looking so handsome.
The church were busy praying as we walked in. This church was really big, it felt so different from what I'm used to.
"Amen," the pastor ended off the prayer and looked up at the people, "let us sing together from the white screen."
We sang a few songs and were seated after that. The pastor then started off his preach. He talked about the importance of love and read one of my favourite verses: 1 Corinthians 13. He brought it all out beautifully and then we sang again. After that, we threw our money in for collections. When we prayed again, I held Jake's hand and then church ended. We walked outside and greeted the pastor and his wife at the door, they told Jake they miss him and we should come again. But, we explained we're actually just here for a visit and will be returning home soon. They were such warm hearted people, I felt at peace while talking to them.

"Thanks for taking me, babe," I told Jake on our ride back home.
"Don't thank me. It's my duty and it will always be my duty. The thing that goes wrong in marriages is that they don't have the Lord with them. And I really don't want anything to go wrong with this marriage."
To have a husband that love's God, is an amazing thing to have and you should hold on to that.
"I love you, Jake."
"I love you too. And, don't you forget that."
"I won't."
I started thinking about his parents again and if they hate me or whatever else. So, I spoke openly with Jake.
"Listen," I said to him, "do you maybe think we should call your parents and apologize?"
"No, they go out on business every now and then. It's not your fault. They used to hire me a nanny when I was little because of that and in high school, I used to be home alone a lot." That calmed me a lot.
"Okay."
"And by the way, I'm sorry I didn't tell you yet. But, you look beautiful today."
I blushed, "thank you. You too, I love you seeing you not in jeans."
"You're so cute babe. Thanks."
I really didn't want to go back to hi parents' house now, so I suggested something else.
"Hey babe?" I said.
"Yeah?"
"Can we please rather go sit in a park or something?"
"Okay, but can we stop at the supermarket first?"
"If you can buy me something sweet while you're there, then yes."

Jake stopped at a park, just a while away. The grass was so green and there were no clouds in the air. A family were playing with a frisbee, while some kids went down on a slide and a few girls were on the swings. It felt like Christmas and I suddenly missed my family. We found a spot and placed a blanket on the grass to sit on. Jake got us Apple pie for my sweet tooth and then Doritos with soda. We sat down and started eating.
"Baby," Jake said, "you know what I really want?"
"No, what?"
"Kids."
I smiled and looked over at the families, "yup, me too." That's the one thing that would make the two of us perfect: kids. The first one should be a baby boy with Jake's eyes, my hair colour and when he's a teen, he should be huge and hug his mom the whole time. His name will be Austen.
I poured some soda into a plastic cups for Jake and I. He took his and pulled me to my feet as I drank my first sip.
"A swing is open," he told me.
He went to sit on the swing when we got there and pulled me on his lap. I was so scared the swing would break, but at least it didn't. Jake pulled out his cell phone and put it on camera. "Smile," he said and took a selfie of us, while I looked very silly, smiling like an idiot. He took another one, while I kissed him on the cheek and looked at the camera. He put his phone away again and wrapped his arms around me. But then, suddenly he started tickling me and I couldn't stop giggling like a little girl. The moment felt amazing, every moment with him felt amazing.