Chapter 21

Brian

I went to work early that day, so I could finish off earlier. I needed to be with Allison. There were a few things we still needed to do before opening the business. We needed to take in people to work for us and my father still needed to send in the banking details. The business is about helping people when they start a business and giving them tips. We also help them out financially and so on. I went through with business studies in college and only did part time music. So, I know what I'm doing now and my father trusted me.
When I was finally done at work, I got into my car and drove off to Allison's workplace. I'm not really fond of that, but I needed to see her. Whenever I was away from her, even just for a day, I'd go crazy in missing her.

I walked up to her office, but was stopped by her receptionist when I got there.
"Well, hello Jake," she greeted with a smile.
"Hello, can I go through to Allison?"
"Sure, but first I want to congratulate you with your wedding. How does it feel to be married?" Seriously?
"Uh, thanks. And it feels great, I am very lucky to have Allison as my wife."
"Ooh you guys are so cute."
"We sure are. Is she in her office?"
"Yes, go through." With that, I walked to her and stopped in my tracks when I saw another man with her.
"Scott, you were my first love. I'll always love you, but..." He then kissed her and I couldn't stand it no more, I walked away. Scott, the guy she used to date in high school. She still loved him. Why were she with me then if she still loved him? I wanted her to be happy and if that's with him, so be it. I don't care about my happiness, she's the only one who matters.

I drove home, crying. Yes, I'm a man and I cry too. She ripped me apart. I blocked her number from my phone when I got home and took all my clothes out of our bedroom. Then, I wrote a letter and put it neatly on the bed.

My dear Allison

I'm writing this letter in the saddest moment of my life. My love, I know you love me, there's no doubt about that. But, I'm setting you free. And anyway, this was just a fake marriage so don't worry about it. It breaks my heart to do this. I heard you say you love him, so go and be with him. I want you to be happy, baby girl. You'll always be the one for me and maybe one day, I'll see you again. Maybe someday, we can look back at our live and see that it was in fact something special. Goodbye, Allison.
I love you
-Jake

And then, I left without a last kiss or holding her one last time. I didn't go to Brian, she was going to go to him first thing, I knew that. So, I went back to where I began, back to my father's home.