The Secret- Part 17

Hey peeps:)

Maria here. It's Saturday today which means no school. I just got back from going out with Aiden. At around 11am Aiden knocked at our front door. I didn't know it was him and I certainly wasn't expecting him to come to our house.

'Hey.' He smiled.

'Aiden, what are you doing here?' I asked.

'I.. I just want to say sorry. I should of never have shouted at you. I was wrong and I'm sorry.' He handed me a bunch of red roses.

I smiled, 'Thanks, Aiden. Don't worry about it.' I smiled. 'Come-in.' I said.

He slowly walked in and we both walked up to my room. He sat down on my bed.

'Jeez, I haven't been in your room for years.' I laughed.

'Yeah.' I nodded. 'It's because eversince you had a girlfriend, you've never had time with me anymore!' I teased him.

'Yeah.' He blushed.

'So, erm.. What do you want to do.' I said awkwardly.

It was quite awkward because he hasn't been in my room since I was 10 and he was 12. We used to just play games and study but now that we're a little older, we can't do those things anymore.

'I don't know.'

'Do you want to go outside? Our place?!' I asked.

'Sure.' He smiled.

We ran off to our big oak tree and sat down on the grass.

'So who do you have your eye on?!' He laughed.

'Ey?!'

'Who's your crush!'

'Oh..' I blushed, 'I don't have one.'

'Maria! I can tell when you're lying.' He laughed.

'Ok.. Ok.. Promise you won't tell. I'm starting to kind of like Steve. But I don't like him at the same time. I don't really get it.' I laughed.

'Oh. Why do you like him?! He's a jerk.'

'I think he's changed but he will never like a poor, ugly, nerdy girl like me anyway. So it's ok.' I laughed.

'Ok.'

There was an awkward silence.

'You?!' 'I have lots, my girlfriends but there's this girl who I love best of all. But no matter what I do, I can't make her fall in love with me. I've had lots of girls fall for me in seconds but I can't make her fall for me. It's kind of frustrating!' He said.

I slapped him lightly across the head as I laughed. 'Wow, you're so big-headed it's unreal. I've never heard of a big headed guy like you before.' I laughed again.

He laughed too.

'So who is this complicated girl?' I asked.

'You're going to have to find her out yourself.' He winked.

I slapped him on the head again, 'Aiden, you're so unfair!' I laughed.

'Well.. That's me!'

Maria Davis x