Chapter Twelve: Month Four

Note: Uh, I think I'm just going to stop trying to be funny.

Note: If you haven't noticed already months are on the even numbered chapters and regular chapters are on odd numbered chapters. Just a tibbit for you.

Month 4: January, 3rd week 17

Zayn's POV

I was sitting in the guest room on the bed, taking in the features of the room. I was trying to vision it with a bunch a stuff for a baby. Like a crib, changing table, small wardrobe, a dresser to keep other outifts and clothing items. Maybe even put in a rocking chair, or would that be to cliche and expected? I think a small area for toys would be cute. A theme, would look nice. Maybe something calm and soothing like a evening beach setting or calm ocean. Or maybe a cute ocean with fun looking charaters and sea animals.

So many ways I could go on decorating this room. I just want it to be perfect. The first child that I bring to the world, I'd like everything to be perfect. Would this be an okay room? It's right across from Harry and I's making it easy for us to get to a crying baby. There would be anything late night bumping into things because the room would be right across the hall from us. Just a quick run forward.

I looked to the other side of the room, where I imagine putting the wardrobe and maybe putting the area for toys there. Or if 

I did put a rocking chair, I could put the toys near there, making it easy to watch the baby while it plays, and safer because there's a down rate in the chance of the baby hitting it's head on the wardrobe. It's also be near a window, outsides a nice thing to show a fussy baby right? 

Maybe even putting a mirror would be good to, babies love 'touching' the 'other' baby in mirrors when really it's just themself. It's also cute and amusing. A crib could go somewhere against the back wall of the room, so where you open the door, simple access to the baby. I could probably put one of those night time toys above it, to make falling asleep a breeze.

It all seems so easy. To easy and I shouldn't get my hopes up for it being this way. I'm a terrible morning person, and I love my sleep. Early wake ups- not my thing. It would seem I'd have to make it my kind of thing. Not that I'm really complaining, babies are a lot of work. In a matter of months my lifes going to change. It still doesn't seem real. 

My growing bump is one of my reminders. The ultrasound pictures as well. I just favor the bump as a reminder because its constantly there, even though it's barely there, because its still small; but it's growing. Regardless it's there.

"Zayn, you alright babe?" I look over to the door where Harry was giving me a strange look.

"Zayn"

"Huh?"

"You alright?" Harry adjusts, himself so that he leaned against the door frame.

"Yeah" I answer half heartedly. I'm not really paying attenion to what he's saying or asking me. He didn't look so sure in my answer.

"Babe, you alright?" He asks, stepping into the room now.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I say again.

"What are you doing in here?"

"Thinking" Harry, scoffs

"About"

"Do you think this would be a good room for the baby? I mean, I'd like to turn this into a baby's room" He takes a few glances around the room and shrugs.

"It's a good room. Not far from us, I wouldn't mind"

"So this will be the baby's room?"

"If, you want it to be. I have no objections"