Chapte 6

Chapter 6

“Hello?” I asked through the phone, already knowing who was on the other line.

“Bree!” Michael shouted.

“What do you want, Michael?” I asked him with a bored tone. Honestly, I’m happy to talk to him. He’s my best bud, we’re like the two musketeers.

“I was sitting around, hanging with the guys, and I had an idea,” he paused, “You should come with me to a party tonight, it’ll be fun.” A college party? With Michael? A party?

“Um, can I think about it?” I asked dumbly.

“I know that you’re hesitant, sure think about it. You better call me by six. The party starts at eight and I’m sure you’ll want to get ready.” Who said I wanted to go?

“I’ll think about it,” I muttered. “Was there anything else you needed?”

“Nope, talk to you later.” He didn’t wait for me to say bye, he just hung up.

Do I want to go to the party with Michael? Michael and all of his charming friends. Heavy sarcasm on charming. It might be fun, but I don’t know if I’m in the party mood. I haven’t been to a party forever.

I turned around and started to walk back to the rink. I stopped dead in my tracks. Will was sitting on the bench staring at me. Was he listening to my conversation? Of course he was, idiot!

“You let Tod win,” he stated.

“Yeah, so?”

“It was nice. I thought you were going to crush his ego, not something we need before a game.”

“Guys hate losing to girls, why not let them win?” I shrugged.

The room went quiet, I don’t like it. I have to get out of here now before I die of insanity. Quiet rooms drive me to insanity? Maybe I should go to the party.

“What party?” Will asked. Dang it, I didn’t think I had said that last part out loud.

“A friend's, I’ve got to get going.” I walked out of the lobby and to the hallway.

There was a stairwell that led to an upper floor. It had a room that normally had classes for Zumba, there was an observation room for the skating rink. The stairwell I hid under everyday, waiting to skate. Across from the hall there was a small gym. I walked over and sat down.

I was completely hidden. No one would seem me while I waited for everyone to leave. Then I’d call Michael to come pick me up and we’d go to a party. Simple as can be. Unless, Mr. Bendall stays after hours.

I peeked around the corner and looked to make sure Will hadn’t followed me. The coast was clear and I walked to the doors. I looked into the window and he wasn’t in the lobby either. Perfect, I can sneak in and use the phone.

A toilet flushed from the bathroom and I panicked. I sprinted across the lobby and slid across the counter top. I landed on the other side with a thud and groaned in pain. Someone walked out of the bathroom and back into the rink. That was a close one, if I hadn’t made it and Will was the one coming out of the bathroom I would’ve been screwed. Either he’d get suspicious or I’d look like an idiot who forgot something.

I grabbed the phone and dialed in the number. Michael answered pretty fast. Was he waiting by the phone for my answer? That’s just creepy, considering he was. If he wasn’t then he’s a ninja at answering his phone. Right, I've been over this before.  Michael is a ninja.

“You decided to come?” Telepathy. That is my only answer.

“Yeah, come pick me up. I need to get some things from my house.” If I can sneak through without being noticed by my mom….or my sisters.