Chapter 26

Chapter 26

When we walked into Preston’s room Alex was sitting on his bed. I gave a little wave. Without a care, Preston scooped me up and carried me over to the couch. He dumped me on the couch before getting on top of me.

I felt awkward as he started kissing my neck. It wasn’t that it didn’t feel good, because it did, it was just that we had an audience. My mind went blank when his lips made contact with mine. I totally forgot about Alex still present in the room.

His kiss was warm and nice but it wasn’t something special. He’s not Mr. Perfect, but he’s the next best thing. I snapped out of my daze when he started to tug at my jeans. Without giving it a second thought I pushed him off of me.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I ignored his question all together.

“Listen, Babe,” he did not just call me babe, it’s an over used pet name, “we’ve been together for months now and all I’ve got is a few kisses her and there. I’m lucky if I get a make-out session. Just do this one little thing for me.” He tried to kiss me again. I rolled out from underneath him and onto the floor.

“I don’t want to,” I snapped.

“Brenna, either you have sex with me or we’re done.”

I struggled to stand up. My hands were shaking badly. There was so much anger and sadness wrapped up inside of me.

“If I have sex with you I can stay with you? If I have sex with you I can stay with you and play hockey?” I nearly screamed at him. Alex, at this point in time, was in another galaxy let alone the very same room.

“You can stay with me, but I don’t think the hockey will happen,” he sighed.

“Then I think we’re done,” I said through gritted teeth. I could feel the tears starting to come.

I turned on my heels and ran out of Preston’s dorm. The door slammed shut behind me. The tears were pouring down my face. Blurry figures got out of my way as I ran down the hall. I wiped my eyes just as I neared Michael’s room. Nick and Drew were standing by the door.

Their voices were far off as they called me to stop. I didn’t listen. I flew past them and the dorm. Pounding footsteps were close behind. The first thing to pop in my mind was that it was Drew coming to finish me off. The other thought was that it may be Nick trying to comfort me. I didn’t want either of them.

Finally someone placed their hand on my shoulder. My running slowed as I burst outside. The person was still trailing behind me, their hand resting on my shoulder. I turned around with my eyes closed.

“What happened, Brenna?”

“Preston….he….forced….sex,” was all I managed to say. My sobs were still loud and the tears were still falling from my eyes. Drew gave me a hug before pulling out his phone and calling a taxi. He didn’t say anything else. He just walked back into the building while I waited for the taxi.

The bright yellow taxi cab pulled up to the curb. I got in the back and sobbed out where I wanted to go. Never have I wanted to be away from someone so badly. Never have I wanted to be somewhere so much. And never have I ever wanted to have Michael with me as much as I want him now. I need him.

I almost fell asleep in the back of the cab. The driver was kind enough to wake me up and help me get out. I gave him whatever I had left over in my pocket and walked off. I hope it was enough. If it was too much I don’t really care.

The rink loomed over me. The glass doors weren’t yet locked. The light shined through well enough. I walked into the lobby. Dan wasn’t behind his counter, but his sandwich was. I took a bite before going towards the doors leading to the ice. I heard a toilet flush. It frightened me. Half because it had disrupted the silence and half because I didn’t want to get caught by someone. I know I probably look horrible with puffy, red eyes.